We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it possible: 3 Oxwall Sites 1 login | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Tim
Tim Dec 16 '12
I have 3 websites in a specific niche. 3 different domians. Is it possible to let one user login/create account on one oxwall site and be able to login with same credentials on the other 2 without having to create new accounts on each site?
Alia Team
Alia Dec 17 '12
It is possible. However this requires custom code modifications. The best option is to customize the code to open different templates for different domain names. However if you are planning to have newsfeed on your sites and to send email notifications, then only one URLs  will be used within the feeds or notifications.

Oxwall was not originally built to use one database for several domain names, so there might be other peculiarities.

If you explain in details your project, I will check with developers what else can be done. You can email  PM me more details, instead of posting them here if you would like to.

Joseph
Joseph Dec 17 '12
actually it is easier than that if you don't mind sharing the database same database with all 3 this means images users upload etc then I can walk you through however you will need to use cloud to achieve this.When I say cloud I mean host all static files on amazon or rackspace like listed in oxwall documentation I can set up and show you a demo just let me know also you will have to follow w a specific way to run updates and add new plugins
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Dec 17 '12
Purusothaman Ramanujam
You could do this easily by just using the same database details in the config.php file of all your domains. You can have 3 different themes too if you wish. Key here is the config.php file.
Tim
Tim Dec 19 '12

worked great. Used the same database for all 3. however, when the names are changed on a domain, all 3 change also...lol

reason I i have highdesertbartering.com, inlandempirebartering.com, and barteringlosangeles.com.

I will just use the same theme and grow them seperately..lol Thanks everyone.

Joseph
Joseph Dec 19 '12
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam You could do this easily by just using the same database details in the config.php file of all your domains. You can have 3 different themes too if you wish. Key here is the config.php file.

but as I said he will want to use a cloud to store his static files or else the site will try to call up its own ow_userfiles folder
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Dec 19 '12
fbkca
fbkca Sep 20 '13
Quote from Joseph
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam You could do this easily by just using the same database details in the config.php file of all your domains. You can have 3 different themes too if you wish. Key here is the config.php file.

but as I said he will want to use a cloud to store his static files or else the site will try to call up its own ow_userfiles folder

Could you just symlink the ow_userfiles folder if the sites were all on the same server?