We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how one utility works | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Vladko Devich
Vladko Devich Aug 26 '22
Good evening. I want to understand how one utility works. It is also used to manage Group Policy and troubleshoot problems that occur on my computer. And I don't want to often write or call for friends who understand this. Advise how to make corrections yourself? Because I'm seriously tired of smart terms from the Internet!
Dan Willson
Dan Willson Aug 26 '22
Hello. I personally checked, in order for it to work correctly, you need to use the gpupdate /force command, it's very simple. Such a command is the "/force" switch, which instructs the utility to override all user settings and apply all policy settings, regardless of whether they were previously cached on the client machine. It usually works, and I haven't had any more problems with this utility, so feel free to try this method.
DanBrown
DanBrown Aug 27 '22

Cool article. it covers different ways to run gpupdate force for Group Policy management and troubleshooting. I think it will be useful not only in your case.