We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how to set profiles not public? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
g00d
g00d Feb 17 '11
I know I can choose between public or non public site, but I wanted the homepage public and the other parts not.
But how can I choose to set the profiles NOT public?
Because this is part of privacy !
Is there a way?
Rivu
Rivu Feb 19 '11
i don't know how can it b possible.,but a suggestion,u can set your all menus only for members,and then guests can't see links to members page.(but they still can access that by typing the url of members page on the adderess bar of their browser)
Crystal
Crystal Feb 19 '11
This is an important feature that is needed in a social site that members can make their information private and only friends can see certain info and members see other info that is made public. In the meantime set landing page to splash page and then the Join page that way only site members can see content. Not a good fix but until Oxwall introduce membership levels of privacy maybe that will work.
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '11
Hello guys!
Yes, you are right. Privacy is the on of the major features for any social sites. We understand it well. That's why privacy is already on our roadmap. Will be released soon :)