We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Nginx rewrites? | Forum

Andreas
Andreas Dec 19 '12
Hey, i just uploaded the files to my server and im guessing i need correct rewrite rules as im beeing redirected to /install/requirements with a 404 page.

I was unable to find anything by searching so im hoping to get some help here :)

Thanks in advance!

Alia Team
Alia Dec 20 '12
Andreas, try replacing the content of the .htaccess file in your server with the one that comes with the oxwall zip file.

Andreas
Andreas Dec 20 '12
Well it is a new install of 1.5.0, and i double checked both files and they are the same.
Any other ideas?
Alia Team
Alia Dec 23 '12
Andreas,  you can search the forum. There are a lot of topics about 404 during installation.
Most common issues:

1. server doesn't meet our requirements.
2. mod_rewrite is not enabled.
3. software is being installed in subfolder or subdirectory and oxwall .htaccess file is contradicting to other software's .htaccess.
4. not all files were installed correctly.

Can you check 4 items above and let me know if they don't solve your issue.

Andreas
Andreas Dec 24 '12
The server is setup as pure Nginx, therefore mod_rewrite doesn't exist.
Except from that it should work. Nginx doesn't read the .htaccess file so the only thing that should be needed as a replacement are rewrites for nginx.

The software is installed on the root directory as set up.

I've transfered all the files multiple times to see if it would do any difference.'

From the log:
2012/12/24 15:40:43 [error] 20141#0: *7 open() "/opt/nginx/html/ci/install/requirements" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 31.11.140.236, server: domain.se, request: "GET /install/requirements HTTP/1.0", host: "domain.se", referrer: "domain.se/install/requirements"
Joseph
Joseph Dec 25 '12
you will need to add in mod_rewrite and all that for your server to run properly you will need this