We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

3D printing question | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
RichardGravener
RichardGravener Sep 28 '22

Hey everyone. I’ve been a fan for some time now, but never really could get into painting and assembling the actual minis of the hobby, mostly due to my country’s lack of GW stores. However, after some time digging I was finally able to find a place that sells the official minis hjyhardware. To my dismay, the price due to shipping and taxes is 1.5 the price said mini has in the online store. That, plus the ever increasing value of dollars in my country when compared to my national coin, makes it quite difficult to me to afford the units.

As such, I’ve been looking for other alternatives to get into the hobby, and the one that pops out online most frequently is 3D printing them. Now, I don’t own a 3D printer, however there are several stores that can do it on commission, so that’s not an issue.

My main questions are pertaining the quality of the minis. I know I shouldn’t expect the same level of quality when compared to what DW makes, but is the difference very noticeable or can it be covered up with clever painting? I also want to collect more for the painting rather than for the game. Is 3D printing the best alternative taking that into account? And is there a place we’re I can reliably get the files for the printing?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post!

James
James Sep 28 '22
many people. in your area, they probably already sell similar equipment, how about looking for a used one and customizing it for yourself, in theory, you should spend less
seatech
seatech Oct 28 '22
Thanks for making us clear regarding printing ideas. Again, depending on your specific needs, you might want to make sure the screen printers toronto has a wide array of apparel options including long sleeve, short sleeve, women’s shirts, youth tees, tanks, and sizes ranging from S to XXL. All for direct on printing fabric techniques. They don't have hidden charges as you can read their TRS.
Roselyn Gonzales
Roselyn Gonzales Dec 8 '22
I agree that finding a difference a good quality printer is not that easy and I have also searched at for the best quality material like this guy has done. I found NC-UV0609PE I1600 through this blog. I want to comment about it on this blog as well.
Roselyn Gonzales
Roselyn Gonzales Mar 10 '23
Managing documents can be a headache for any business. That's where our Managed Print Services management solutions come in. We can help you digitize your documents, set up secure access controls, and streamline your workflows. You'll save time and reduce errors, all while improving compliance and security.