We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Locked out of site, 500 error | Forum

Lynette
Lynette Dec 19 '12
I did the auto update on the admin panel. 

Everything went fine, but I noticed some of the plugins weren't working correctly. I decided to deactivate, and update them manually one by one just to make sure everything would run smooth and current.

The minute I did it too the mailbox, boom, 500 error. Can't access any portion of my website. I tried going through cpanel, re updating 1.5 there, the mailbox update there, everything I could think of....

I'm at a loss on how to fix this, and would appreciate any help.

Thank you

The Forum post is edited by Lynette Dec 19 '12
Joseph
Joseph Dec 19 '12
yes the mailbox is doing the same to me I manually deactivated it through the database but yes mailbox will not install properly for me I am having my server admin have a look later
Roshan Choudhary
Roshan Choudhary Dec 19 '12
how to manually deactivate mailbox plugin ?
Alia Team
Alia Dec 19 '12
Lynette, can you enable DEBUG mode on and let us know what s behind the 500 error?

Roshan, you can deactivate MailBox plugin in admin panel>>plugins>>hover the mouse over needed plugin>>click "Deactivate"
Lynette
Lynette Dec 19 '12
I did that Aliia. It said it was having a problem with anti spammer.

Went into cpanel, removed it completely, and it still didn't fix anything

Alia Team
Alia Dec 20 '12
Lynette if you are facing the same error as here http://www.oxwall.org/ow_userfiles/plugins/base/1434-mailboxeroor.JPG   you will need to check following topic for further instructions: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/7182
Lynette
Lynette Dec 20 '12
The mailbox update worked, and let me in. Then, I tried to finish the manual updates, and friends locked me out. I see that was updated as well....

So I don't understand why the friends plugin is now 500 erroring me..

Lynette
Lynette Dec 20 '12
so.. I'm not receiving anymore help...

Should I just re install the whole thing, lose all my stuff, and members...

I don't understand why manual plugin updates are causing 500 errors....

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Do not be in hurry to reinstall all.. There should be a way to solve all these 500 issues.