We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem After Migrating to Hosting | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jaket
Jaket Feb 18 '11
Hello
I migrated from Wall.fm to a host.
Once the import was done ,I was unable to access the Admin/Languages in order to refresh the cash as indicated by the instructions.
I receive the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setActive() on a non-object in /home/[my site name]/public_html/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/languages.php on line 77

I also have a problem ,where in the Admin dashboard, I can hover over the different options ,but cannot see/select any sub option.
For example I can hover over "Settings" but cannot see/select "settings" or "languages options.

Please advise.
Thanks
Jaket
Jaket Feb 19 '11
Anyone?
Thanks
Patrick
Patrick Feb 20 '11
Does your new server satisfy the oxwall requirements? Maybe you missed an application.
Jaket
Jaket Feb 20 '11
Yes ,the server is according to oxwall's requirements.

Any other ideas?
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '11
Hi
Would you attach here content of your phpinfo()?
The Forum post is edited by Den Feb 21 '11
Jaket
Jaket Feb 21 '11
When I try to see my phpinfo.php file I get a 404 page :
Page not found

Do I need to generate the phpinfo.php? Please advise

Thanks
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '11
yes, on index.php file, on someone new line paste this code:
phpinfo();

Refresh index page in browser. Copy content of this page from browser to file and attach it here :)
Jaket
Jaket Feb 21 '11
I tried to do that. Still no go.
I copied the phpinfo again ,and still no go.
I tried changing the permissions and still 404- Page not found.
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '11
Ok, on index.php file, find this line:
$application->dispatch();
after this line, from new line, paste this code:
phpinfo();
press F5 on site's index page.
Do you see PHP information on your site index page?
Ajay
Ajay Feb 21 '11
create a new file in your home directory and name it phpinfo.php inside that file add following code..

phpinfo();
?>

now open http://www.yourwebsite.com/phpinfo.php

above page will show your phpinfo…
Den Team
Den Feb 22 '11
To Ajay suggestion: also add in .htaccess file, after:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
this line:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/phpinfo.php
Jaket
Jaket Feb 22 '11
It seems I do not have the .htaccess file.
I need to speak to my hosting co.
Jaket
Jaket Feb 22 '11
But I have the following info:

Apache version 2.2.17
PHP version 5.2.16
MySQL version 5.0.91-community-log
Architecture x86_64
Operating system linux
Perl version 5.8.8
Kernel version 2.6.18-294.26.1.el5.lve0.7.49
Oxwall version 1.0.3
Den Team
Den Feb 22 '11
@Jacket
Sorry, but this isn't enough :(
We need your phpinfo
Jaket
Jaket Feb 22 '11
Ok, working on it.
Thanks for the patience.
Jaket
Jaket Feb 22 '11
Please see the attached.
Attachments:
  PHP info.doc (410Kb)
Jaket
Jaket Feb 23 '11
Hi
Any updates?
Thanks
Den Team
Den Feb 24 '11
It seems that with your hosting all is OK. Send me PM with your Cpanel and admin login details. Our dev team will check your site shortly.
Rachel
Rachel Apr 20 '23

When migrating to a new hosting provider, it's possible to encounter problems. Here are some tips to help you fix these problems:

Check your DNS settings: Make sure that your domain name is pointing to the new hosting provider's servers. You can use tools like dig or nslookup to check the DNS records.

Update your website configuration: Depending on the hosting provider, you may need to update your website's configuration files, such as the .htaccess file or the wp-config.php file. Make sure to double-check these files and update them as necessary.

Check your website's database: If you are migrating a website that relies on a database, make sure that the database is properly configured on the new hosting provider's servers. You may need to update your website's configuration files to point to the correct database server.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Eva Lyra
Eva Lyra Sep 20 '23

Hey there,

I understand that migrating to a new hosting environment can sometimes come with unexpected challenges. If you've encountered issues or problems after migrating to your current hosting, it's essential to address them promptly to ensure your website's smooth operation.

One solution to consider, especially if you're experiencing performance or customization issues, is to Buy VPS Server. VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting offers several advantages over shared hosting, including:

1. Enhanced Performance: With a VPS server, you have dedicated resources, ensuring that your website runs smoothly even during traffic spikes.

2. Customization: You have full control over your VPS environment, allowing you to install custom software and configure settings to meet your specific needs.

3. Improved Security: VPS hosting provides better security compared to shared hosting, which can be crucial for protecting your website and user data.

4. Scalability: As your website grows, it's easy to scale up your VPS resources to accommodate increased traffic and demands.

If you decide to explore VPS hosting, make sure to research reputable providers known for their reliability and customer support. They can assist you in the migration process and provide guidance on optimizing your server for your website's needs.

Feel free to share more details about the specific problems you're facing after migrating, and the community here can offer further assistance and recommendations tailored to your situation.

Best of luck with your hosting journey!