We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Windows 365 Vs Azure Virtual Desktop: Comparison | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rachel
Rachel Oct 12 '22

Windows 365 vs Azure Virtual Desktop: What are the Differences?

Both solutions offer the latest in cloud technology: built-in security, a premium remote work experience, flexibility—and all cost-effectively. Azure Virtual Desktop is a cloud VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) that allows you to fully customize your customer’s infrastructure and manage the resources supporting the virtualized infrastructure. Windows 365 Virtual Desktop is a fully managed Desktop as a Service (DaaS) solution providing the same great desktop experience as Windows, but without the hassle of managing infrastructure.

Operating Systems Available on Windows 365 Cloud PC and Azure Virtual Desktop

All Microsoft’s remote desktop products require Azure Subscriptions. The difference is that Windows 365 subscriptions reside fully in Microsoft’s Azure subscription and are fully managed by Microsoft at fixed costs. Meanwhile, Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) is entirely customer-managed with flexible consumption-based pricing.

Cloud Storage

Focused on ease of use and setup, Windows 365 provides fully managed storage with fixed pricing. Lack of admin access to the VMs can make it challenging to back up, but with Microsoft managing it, the hope is that it will not be required. For AVD, it is all about flexibility with OS Disks, FSLogix profiles, and the ability to easily back up storage and VMs.

Cloud Networking

Windows 365 Enterprise has fully customer-managed networking with flexible routing, IPs and security. Meanwhile, Windows 365 Business will remain fully Microsoft-managed with no flexibility. For AVD, networking flexibility is a requirement with no Microsoft management provided.

User Profile Management

Windows 365 is a single-user managed desktop which will run in Microsoft’s Azure environment. As such, it will have a single user profile and no need for multi-user profile management. In Azure Virtual Desktop, FSLogix is a profile container holding user profiles in a Virtual Hard Disk v2(VHDX) file. When the user signs in to Azure Remote Desktop FSLogix redirects to the data and settings in the container and the virtual drive is mounted to transparently integrate into the virtual desktop environment. In pooled multi-user AVD deployments FSLogix is mandatory to manage the individual user profiles in the pool. In Single user AVD instances, FSLogix is optional and while it is not required it does provide additional portability.

User Identity and Accessibility

In Windows 365 business, only Active Directory (AD) Join will be available, while in enterprise Hybrid AD Join will be required. There is no AD Domain Services support for either type of Windows 365 Subscription. With Azure Virtual Desktop, AD Domain Services is required and both Windows AD and Azure AD DS are supported. Native Azure AD join is currently on the road map for the upcoming release.

To learn about Azure VM Backup Pricing visit, Apps4Rent.

famide
famide Oct 16 '22
That is my first-time visit to your blog and I'm very enthusiastic about the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thanks for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: ดูหนัง
macallister
macallister Oct 19 '22
Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it! 먹튀
famide
famide Oct 20 '22
This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back. 918kiss download
macallister
macallister Oct 23 '22
I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. Therefore, I would like to thank you for the endeavors that you have made in writing this article. All the content is absolutely well-researched. Thanks... 论文代写
macallister
macallister Oct 26 '22
This was really a fascinating topic and I kinda accept what you have mentioned here! 15x18 trash chute door
GlassRepairsinTacoma
great points altogether, you just received a new reader. What would you suggest about your publish that you just made some days ago? Any sure?Antique cars
macallister
macallister Oct 31 '22
I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. help desk services jacksonville
famide
famide Nov 12 '22
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. ремонт на входове София цени
kidav52410
kidav52410 Nov 12 '22
Expressway is expert gutter contractor with 22 years of gutter experience. We specialize in gutters, fascia & downspouts.Expressway Gutters Contractor
kidav52410
kidav52410 Nov 14 '22
Shop home office chairs, gaming chairs, living room chairs, recliners, single sofa chair , computer desks, round wood dining tables, rattan furniture.nachesfurniture
GlassRepairsinTacoma
I totally understand everything you have stated. Actually, I browsed through your various other articles and I do think that you’re certainly correct. Best wishes with this particular site.寄澳洲運費
GlassRepairsinTacoma
Just wanna input on few general things, The website style and design is perfect, the written content is rattling fantastic : D.Singapore new company incorporatio
ciyosi257
ciyosi257 Nov 21 '22
via automated system with simple steps No need to inform details of anything messy. Easy to withdraw, fast withdrawal, no more than 5 seconds, guaranteed direct website, not through agents 100%, interested can participate in gambling game experience baccarat online got it todayคาสิโน
ciyosi257
ciyosi257 Nov 22 '22
ahhh it’s so hot, but it is a lovely day. I’ll take this over the cold any dayyyy|xoxo_ArianaN|incorporating company Singapore
ciyosi257
ciyosi257 Nov 24 '22
With witty dialogue, extremely funny jokes and great acting from Will Farrell, Mark Wahlberg, Samuel L Jackson and Dwayne Johnson, (the Rock).acim
ciyosi257
ciyosi257 Nov 29 '22
Have you ever considered adding more videos to your blog posts to keep the readers more entertained? I mean I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good but since I’m more of a visual learner,I found that to be more helpful well let me know how it turns out! I love what you guys are always up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys I’ve added you guys to my blogroll. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.valorant boosting
ciyosi257
ciyosi257 Dec 1 '22
Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Chrome. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Thanksslot
famide
famide Dec 3 '22
That is my first-time visit to your blog and I'm very enthusiastic about the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thanks for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: 12bet
ciyosi257
ciyosi257 Dec 7 '22
Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too.acim
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... » »»