We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

/admin/permissions/roles page not displaying all.... - Solved | Forum

matt
matt Dec 20 '12
As you can see, the /admin/permissions/roles page does not display all of our roles, nor does it offer a scroll bar to help.

any fix for this?

Cheers

Matt
The Forum post is edited by Alia Jan 3 '13
Attachments:
  permissionRolesPage.jpg (94.75Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Dec 21 '12
Thank you for reporting this issue Matt. I will check with designers and will get back to you asap.
matt
matt Jan 1 '13
Great! Any news from the designers? A fix would prove most helpful :)

Happy 2013!
Alia Team
Alia Jan 2 '13
Matt, Happy New Year to you as well.

This issue is put into "to fix" list. I am not sure when it will be fixed though. Will keep you posted.
matt
matt Jan 2 '13
Thanks for letting us know Aliia. I wonder if you might give us some help of where to change values in the database, whilst we are waiting for the fix?

Thanks

Matt
Alia Team
Alia Jan 2 '13
Matt, no need to change values within the database. All you need is any browser add on that allows to inspect and edit HTML&styles. I personally user Firebug for Firefox browser.

1. Open permissions page in Firefox and open Firebug (use F12 to open Firebug). Click on the cursor image in the left corner of Firebug.

2. Once the cursor is clicked on, hover over the permissions page, a little bit above the "Save" button. Firebug will select following area ( selected area will be within the green borders)

3. Then, click on the following <div> element ( click exactly on <div> word)

4. Once you click on it, the right column of the Firebug will show you styles selected element has.
Find:
.ow_superwide {

overflowhidden;    width75%;

Click twice on 75%; and change this to, for example 255%;

5. The width will change right away, and all you will need to do is to scroll to the needed user role and check needed check boxes. Once you are done click "Save". Your changes will be saved and the site will get back to normal.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 3 '13
Matt, if you would like to skip step #1 and #2 use right mouse button to get the context menu>> in the menu select "Inspect element with Firebug">> and then follow steps #3-#5
matt
matt Jan 3 '13
Great! Really appreciate the help Aliia. I got sorted with the permissions changes. Thanks very much :)

x
Matt