We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I can't find a psychiatrist near me. What do? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
RichardGravener
RichardGravener Nov 17 '22

Hi guys,

I've been struggling with anxiety and depression for a while now and it has been getting worse to the point I decided it's time to get help. I was meeting with a therapist a few months ago at my college's clinic, and she told me I should meet with a psychiatrist to try medication. Now I've graduated so I don't have access to the university resources.

psychiatrist near me

My insurance's list of in-network psychiatrists includes one from my university's health center (which I can't use now), a child psychiatrist, a rehabilitation center psychiatrist, and 10 psychiatrists at a practice connected to the hospital in my city. I called the hospital's practice which said they aren't taking new patients.

Can I just go to a General Practitioner or what am I supposed to do?

Violet Sagmiller
Health problems can be a real problem. In my case, I had digestive issues that were affecting my overall well-being. I sought medical help and the doctor recommended that I change my diet and do special exercises. Time passed, but gradually my health improved. It is very important to listen to your body and consult with professionals.
Bill Memerrik
Bill Memerrik Jan 21
Hey. What sets Tides Inn apart from other hotels is its unmatched commitment to hospitality. Each member of staff exudes genuine warmth, ensuring that your every need is met. From the moment you set foot on site until the moment you leave, you will be surrounded by a welcoming environment that will make you feel at ease, and everyone at tides inn customer service will do everything possible to ensure you have the best experience.
The Forum post is edited by Bill Memerrik Jan 21