We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I am experiencing QuickBooks error 6129. What can be the cause of error 6129 of QB? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martinsha Ward
Martinsha Ward Nov 24 '22

There can be more than one reason for this error; for your better understanding, we have mentioned some of them below. 

• QuickBooks Database Server Manager does not have the appropriate permissions or has inadequate folder permissions.

• If the Windows Registry has invalid entries, it can evoke the QuickBooks Error 6129.

• Sudden system shutdown due to power failure and uninstalling QB software can also trigger the error.

If you have any further queries, you can call us at +1-855-738-0359 to get help from out team of professionals.

The Forum post is edited by Martinsha Ward Nov 24 '22
Peter Groft
Peter Groft Jun 27 '23

QuickBooks Error 6129 typically occurs when creating or opening a company file in QuickBooks. It indicates that QuickBooks cannot access the company file due to database connection issues or file corruption. To resolve QuickBooks Error 6129, you can follow these steps:

Update QuickBooks: Ensure that you have the latest updates for QuickBooks installed. Go to the Help menu in QuickBooks and select "Update QuickBooks Desktop." Follow the prompts to download and install any available updates.

Restart your computer and network devices: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary connection issues. Restart your computer, modem, router, and any other network devices you are using. After restarting, try opening QuickBooks and accessing the company file again.

Rename the .TLG and .ND files: QuickBooks creates transaction log (.TLG) and network data (.ND) files for each company file. Renaming these files can help resolve issues related to file corruption. Go to the folder where the company file is located and find the files with the same name as your company file but with .TLG and .ND extensions. Right-click on each file and select "Rename." Add the word "OLD" to the file name, for example, "company_file.qbw.OLD.TLG" and "company_file.qbw.OLD.ND." This step helps QuickBooks recreate these files when you open the company file.

Use the QuickBooks File Doctor: QuickBooks File Doctor is a diagnostic tool provided by Intuit to troubleshoot company file issues. Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the Intuit website. Follow the on-screen instructions to scan and repair any issues with the company file and network connectivity.

Disable antivirus and firewall temporarily: Antivirus or firewall software can sometimes interfere with QuickBooks' access to the company file. Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall software and check if the error still occurs. If the error is resolved, adjust the settings of your security software to allow QuickBooks access to the company file.

Create a new company file: If the above steps do not resolve the error, you can try creating a new company file and then importing your existing data into it. Open QuickBooks and select "Create a new company" or "Start Setup Interview" to create a new company file. Follow the prompts to set up the new file and then import your data from the old company file.

Greetings,
Peter

jassonleo
jassonleo Jul 5 '23
I'm impressed with the level of creativity this web design company brings to the table. They crafted a website that reflects our brand's personality. branding agency SF
macallister
macallister Oct 29 '23
That is thus gorgeous and also imaginative. I recently really like the particular shades and also anyone who receives that inside the email will probably be beaming. personal trainers winter park fl
anna
anna Oct 31 '23
I appreciate your posting. I've read about a lot of related subjects! Contrary to other articles, yours left me with a really distinct impression. I hope you'll keep writing insightful posts like this one and others for us to everyone to read! retro games
macallister
macallister Nov 1 '23
With thanks to get furnishing recently available posts in connection with the dilemma, I actually look ahead to learn extra. must visit restaurant seminyak
macallister
macallister Nov 2 '23
I’m motivated with all the surpassing and also preachy record which you supply in such tiny timing. x users decline
macallister
macallister Nov 11 '23
Extremely good, impressive, fact-filled material at this point. An individual's articles or blog posts Rarely dissatisfy, and therefore without doubt holds true at this point in the process. Everyone at all times result in a useful look over. Is it possible reveal to I will be astounded?: )#) Stick to the fantastic article content. custom cabinet maker
macallister
macallister Nov 13 '23
That you're allowed to place leaders, however is not one way links, except when they're just authorised together with regarding niche. Shopify fulfilment service
macallister
macallister Nov 15 '23
Thanks a lot pertaining to putting up a real wonderful content! I ran across your web site ideal for our requires. Its content has amazing along with valuable blogposts. Carry on the excellent operate! permesso di soggiorno cartaceo
macallister
macallister Dec 13 '23
"Explore affordability like never before with Camile TM! Our team promises same-day success, the industry's highest win rate, rapid service, deluxe treatment, and absolute confidentiality. Camile Team, your partner in role-playing success!" 롤듀오
macallister
macallister Dec 28 '23
I have been a diabetic for many years and struggled with circulation issues in my feet. I would often experience numbness and tingling, especially at night. My doctor recommended that I try wearing diabetic socks to see if they could help improve my symptoms. I was skeptical at first, but after trying them out, I was amazed at the difference they made. The extra padding and seamless design of the socks helped to reduce pressure on my feet and improve blood flow. I no longer experienced as much discomfort and the numbness and tingling gradually lessened. I now wear diabetic socks every day and have noticed a significant improvement in my overall foot health. They have truly made a difference in managing my diabetes-related foot issues, and I am grateful for the positive impact they have had on my quality of life. socks
macallister
macallister Jan 24
Enjoy the thrill of EPL action with jjokTV's side TV broadcast! Stream MLB and NBA games in stunning high-definition. Get exclusive Tottenham coverage and access free, fast, and real-time sports broadcasts. Explore overseas soccer and sports events with our Major League and Premier League broadcasts. 쪽티비
SEO QUEEN
SEO QUEEN Feb 29
Cheers to the article along with wonderful guidelines.. perhaps My spouse and i in addition feel that efforts can be the key element of receiving good res ults. 12bet