We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Softaculous. notifications.5870 fbconnect.5486 newsfeed.5985 groups.5967 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Daren
Daren Dec 21 '12
As per title, I'm using Softaculous for my Oxwall page. In that it shows my Oxwall version is 1.4.1 (after update request displayed on my admin page - which I have updated successfully - eg. core http://.../ow_updates/) Now all is well EXCEPT for 

1) notifications.5870 <- downloaded from store(DEC19) still can't be installed

2) fbconnect.5486 <- downloaded from store(DEC19) still can't be installed

3) newsfeed.5985 <- downloaded from store(DEC19) still can't be installed

4) groups.5967<- downloaded from store(DEC19) still can't be installed

5) Softaculous still shows version 1.4.1 <- is the culprit ?

Is this because on my hosting softaculous shows version 1.4.1 instead of my updated version 1.5 ?? Or it is just me.

Trying to fix with manual for each and every one of them does not work. Delete/deactivate ALL of the plugin and the website gave me HELL (blog and groups).

Groups is in there after I MANUAL UPDATE but withERROR message YET still goes in the plugin list and still shows it is not updated (page resume normal thou) ?¿?¿ When I go to CREATE new GROUP as admin, all form is OK but when I hit the Create Button it goes HTTP Error 500.

Blog I did manual update is the same weird error message (which I didn't print screen) but not showing error in usage whatsoever after it is in the plugin list-works perfect. 

What is happening here ? care to tutor me ? How can I solve this with my no-programming-skill ? Safe to say, I can find, replace, edit codes with guidance.

1 of my hobby : Create website lol 

Cheers ... oh, again, thanks Oxwall Team, you guys rock.

EDIT :: I GOT THIS MESSAGE EVERYTIME I TRY TO INSTALL THE SAID PLUGIN ABOVE >>> nvalid plugin archive <<<

Can someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help ????? Nobody can help ??? why this version is such a rush of work ??? 

The Forum post is edited by Daren Dec 23 '12
Uilson Jr
Uilson Jr Dec 21 '12

Daren friend ... also found the same problems .. the newsfeed and notification are not updating .. a staff person Oxwall this helping us on this issue!

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/7157

let's wait .. enquano get it without updating my website.

Daren
Daren Dec 23 '12
Here is the blog message after I manual update.

Daren
Daren Dec 24 '12
Anybody can help please do help .... 
Daren
Daren Dec 24 '12
To those that "might" subscribe to this post - All is Solved. Tqtq
Alia Team
Alia Dec 24 '12
Daren, do you mind sharing what you did to fix issues?
Daren
Daren Dec 25 '12
Aliia, and the rest that bump into this page. I'll try to explain (non coder ways lol)

I use the ultimate END OF DAYS way ... I DELETE the plugin folder in ow_plugins lol but ... this way ..

1) login as admin - go to Installed plugin - "uninstall" selected plugin

2) go to Available Plugin - DELETE the plugin causing some error lol (ALL DATA WILL BE LOST, unless you back it up or something which I skip because my site is brand new lol (and I didn't leave it (no delete) to try the following steps - might leave the old data intact or not, I wouldn't know now - you can try but I wouldn't recommend it, fresh install is better in my case)

3) Download Core Ftp (it's free and lightning fast!) - Setup ftp.mysite.xxx with login n password

4) Using CORE FTP - create plugin name "folder" (in my sad case i created newsfeed, notifications, groups, blogs, fbconnect-these is the names after I unzipped the files) in /ow_plugins in my hosting site for Oxwall (notice at this step the respective folders holding your plugins in your oxwall website is gone-that's why I recreate it with CORE FTP)

5) UNZIP the plugin I want in my "PC" to it's respective folders then with CORE FTP browse the folder containing these unzipped folders and transfer all files to my logged-in website (if this is confusing, in CORE FTP there are 2 "window" sections, left-your files in your PC, right-files in your website (hosting login containing oxwall files)

6) Go to the website - admin - plugins - Available Plugins - the plugin files you transferred with CORE FTP will be shown in Available Plugins for you to install it !!! Magic lol

7) Install it .... DONE ! All OLD DATA GONE lol but the plugins works fine !!! 

Ta daaa ... lol for experienced user this is piece of cake, for website with lots of data you shall not do this (except for newsfeed, notificatins, fbconnect and for confused reader .. Merry Christmas .. haha 

Cheers