We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Minor Bugs in Oxwall 1.5 - Solved | Forum

Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma Dec 23 '12
1. Admin Can't Choose the Roles for Himself.

2. In Questions "Single Choice (Radio Button)" is assigned as Dropdown and "Single Choice (Dropdown)" is assigned as Radio Button.

3. Any Admin can edit roles for himself and others and can even assign himself to Base user.

And Counting . . .
(Thread will be updated if more bugs found)

The Forum post is edited by Alia Jan 3 '13
Fred
Fred Dec 23 '12
4. when pressing 'see more' on newsfeed in my dashboard you don't see older posts...

'see more' button shows again and you can keep clicking it and more and more buttons appear... this only happens in my dashboard, not on main page...

Pete
Pete Dec 23 '12
I do not think that this watchdog is going to update i have had it on now for over 24 hours and still no update
Alia Team
Alia Dec 24 '12
Thank you for your report Saurabh.

>>1. Admin Can't Choose the Roles for Himself.

The software was originally designed that way. Admin ( main admin) already has a right to do anything on the site, so he doesn't really need any roles.

May be we understood you incorrectly? Whom do you refer to as "admin" ?

>>2. In Questions "Single Choice (Radio Button)" is assigned as Dropdown and "Single Choice (Dropdown)" is assigned as Radio Button.

Thank you for pointing at this bug. We will fix it as soon as possible.

>>3. Any Admin can edit roles for himself and others and can even assign himself to Base user.

Are you referring to moderators with admin rights here?

>>4. when pressing 'see more' on newsfeed in my dashboard you don't see older posts...

I was not able to reproduce this issue.
Can you give us your site URL with the username and pass we can test this with?

Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma Dec 25 '12

1. No, I disagree! as He can't add the role to be displayed below his Avatar :P

3. Yes! Any moderator can edit roles for himself and even can assign/unassign base and admin permission to himself. and can do anything after gaining moderator access

Quote from Aliia Thank you for your report Saurabh.

>>1. Admin Can't Choose the Roles for Himself.

The software was originally designed that way. Admin ( main admin) already has a right to do anything on the site, so he doesn't really need any roles.

May be we understood you incorrectly? Whom do you refer to as "admin" ?

>>2. In Questions "Single Choice (Radio Button)" is assigned as Dropdown and "Single Choice (Dropdown)" is assigned as Radio Button.

Thank you for pointing at this bug. We will fix it as soon as possible.

>>3. Any Admin can edit roles for himself and others and can even assign himself to Base user.

Are you referring to moderators with admin rights here?

>>4. when pressing 'see more' on newsfeed in my dashboard you don't see older posts...

I was not able to reproduce this issue.
Can you give us your site URL with the username and pass we can test this with?

Saurabh Sharma
Quote from Pete I do not think that this watchdog is going to update i have had it on now for over 24 hours and still no update

C'mon! Watchdog updates the IP's Database at backend every 24 hrs! And it doesn't update the Plugin!
Saurabh Sharma
5. /ow_static/themes/origin/images/question.png is missing

The Forum post is edited by Saurabh Sharma Dec 25 '12
Alia Team
Alia Dec 27 '12

>>1. No, I disagree! as He can't add the role to be displayed below his Avatar :P

If you would like admin of the site to be able to add a role to himself, you will need to modify the code.

In your case, I think that it is easier to create an avatar image for the admin which will have the role's name as part of the image =)

>>3. Yes! Any moderator can edit roles for himself and even can assign/unassign base and admin permission to himself. and can do anything after gaining moderator access

You will just need to un-check "Admin" checkbox  on the "Moderators" page.
Moderators can change roles only of they have admin rights.

Alia Team
Alia Dec 27 '12
>>5. /ow_static/themes/origin/images/question.png is missing

Thank you for pointing this out.
Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma Dec 28 '12
Quote from Aliia >>1. No, I disagree! as He can't add the role to be displayed below his Avatar :P If you would like admin of the site to be able to add a role to himself, you will need to modify the code. In your case, I think that it is easier to create an avatar image for the admin which will have the role's name as part of the image =)

Nah ;) I used a Better Method.. create a temporary account, Mark it as admin, Change your role from that account and delete the temporary account ;)

Better utilization of #Mind ;)