We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What is my username? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Mick
Mick Dec 25 '12
I signed up for Oxwall via Facebook plugin but I now need to input my 'username' to purchase the Mochi games plugin and nothing appears to work so I cannot purchase. I have gone through my profile but it hasnt populated anywhere. 

I cannot sign up for a new oxwall account unless I use another email but then I will have 2 accounts with different plugins/themes. 

Is there a way around this?

Alia Team
Alia Dec 27 '12
Mick, which Oxwall version are you using?

Username is visible on "My profile" page ( see screen shot attached).
Mick
Mick Dec 27 '12
I may be confused.

I have a separate oxwall community that I have set up and I would like to add the mochi games plugin through the Oxwall Store located on this site.

I originally signed up to this site using the Facebook login and have purchased a theme through the store. once purchased, I was able to download and save the theme. I am trying to do the same with the games plugin.

I am trying to purchase the mochi plugin and it requests a username (see image attached). I have tried putting in mick and my email address and neither are recognized. I am not sure what username is accepted that will link that plugin to my account?

Also attached is a screen clip from 'my profile' on oxwall.org. 

Not sure if I am missing a step.

Attachments:
  my profile.PNG (186.9Kb)
  mochi username request.PNG (51.77Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I assume you are refering the www.oxwall.org site and not your own social network.

You can get your username as below.

1) In oxwall.org, at the top of the page you see a drop down menu. Click "My Profile".
2) In the page that opens, you can get your username.

Image attached. Hope this helps.
Attachments:
  oxwall_uname.JPG (39.07Kb)
Mick
Mick Dec 29 '12
Hey thanks for the reply.

Yes you are correct. I am looking for my username with oxwall.org.

Unfortunately, if you see the attachments in my earlier post, I have tried this but it just says 'mick', This is not accepted/recognized for the mochi games purchase through the oxwall.org store. 

I have tried synchronizing my account with facebook/oxwall but this hasnt fixed it. 

I think I may just have to run 2 accounts. Thankyou for your response though!

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am not sure how much strict that external payment system checks for ur oxwall username
Alia Team
Alia Jan 2 '13
Mick, have you tried   "mickc" ?
Mick
Mick Jan 2 '13
Hey Aliia,

Just tried that. No luck.

Thanks anyway!

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Contact the item owner how else he can help you. He can assign the plugin to you after you make him payment out of oxwall.
Pete
Pete Jan 2 '13
just sign up again with oxwall ,this time dont use your facebook to sign up with
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Pete just sign up again with oxwall ,this time dont use your facebook to sign up with

Best Solution :)