We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[an error occurred while processing this directive] | Forum

heinz
heinz Dec 26 '12

long and short of it is

1 - uploaded and extracted zip

2 - changed folder permissions to 777

3 - tried running /install and I get the above

Could you please explain in newb english. In other words, if you are going to say something like "make sure mod rewrite is on" please tell me how to do that.

The installation is on an arvixe shared hosting plan. The domain is an addon to the primary with its own URL. The install is in a sunbdirectory of the domain directory.

the domain directory does NOT have an HTACCESS file as I just deleted it.

FYI, I installed the old version of Oxwall in a different subdirectory of this domain and it worked. I tried to manually upgrade it by uploading the upgrade files and I got a different error message, so I deleted that database and the install.

I kinda need to get this up as my site manager, although very patient, is getting anxious for an update to the clunky dolphin install. So I either go with his expensive package or try out oxwall again.

Alia Team
Alia Dec 26 '12
Heinz,

It is not possible to tell what exactly have caused this.
Try checking following:
1. whether the user you are using when installing the software actually has the right to overwrite files on your server.

2. whether SSI is enabled on your server ( contact server support team).

I also recommend asking them about this error as well.
I did a small research on this error and in most of the cases it was solved by server support.

Let me know the results.
heinz
heinz Dec 26 '12

Thank you for your reply Aliia,

after responding to someone elses questions I realised the upgrade method would probably be an easier way to go. So I Installed a new version of the old software via softaculous (a tech idiots best friend) and then did the upgrade. It all worked fine. Now I have some other issues, but I will put those in the bug section, as it would be more appropriate.

Cheers,

Heinz