We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Chat Hosted On A Different Server! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Dot spears
Dot spears Dec 27 '12
Are there any chat plugin's available that are hosted on a different server from your own as i find most of the chat plugin's that are available are hosted on your own server and tend to raise the CPU!would love to know of any available chat plugin that can be used on oxwall but  are hosted on a different server from your own or if oxwall is planning on implementing this! Thank You
Joseph
Joseph Dec 27 '12
skysa uses other servers out the box but you have to pay for chat service also arrowchat as well as their competitor have options to use push servers
Dot spears
Dot spears Dec 27 '12
Thanks Joseph will look in to them options i thought arrow chat ran on your own server  i must have read it wrong!just looking for a cheaper option but one that doesnt run on my own server 
Elle Spears
Elle Spears Dec 27 '12
the problem we're having is that the instant chat plugin is running our servers CPU high

any chat plugin that would get rid of this issue we would consider
Abbey
Abbey Dec 27 '12
cometchat have cometservice, I'd look into them, it's what I use
Elle Spears
Elle Spears Dec 27 '12
cometchat looks good, what is the server load like without cometservice?
Dot spears
Dot spears Dec 30 '12
Joseph we tryed the skysa bar but it used up so much disc space, its only really the instant chat we have problems with as that raises the cpu if anyone knows of any that doesnt use a lot of disc space or cpu would really appreciate any sugestions thanks
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Dec 30 '12
!ve used arrowchat myself as well as a few others. The problem your going to face is that any company out there is going to charge you a push service fee for using their server instead of yours. Maybe time to think about upgrading your hosting package.
Dave
Dave Jan 12 '13
Why not try  Lightirc   that is what i use  for my users make rooms etc and has cams
cit27
cit27 Jan 12 '13
I dont now about Tiny Chat plugin....