We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

helpful advice for site issues | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Dec 27 '12
hey guys I have noticed a trend lately with site owners on here and issues with updating that some of you have relied on your hosts tech support to fix the issues.This will not work companies like Bluehost,Arvixe and so on do not absolutely do not understand oxwall I found out the hard way when I did this a year ago and you will find the same now these techs talk as if they know but in the end you are left with more issues than you started with.Oxwall team may not be fast and they may not always have the answers but they do know what not to do and will at least inform you to always backup everything before hand.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 27 '12
Yes you are so right Joseph and I guess I learned the hard way, so pay full attention to what Joseph is saying otherwise you too could end up like me, without a website, and believe me that is the last thing you need!
Pete
Pete Dec 30 '12

Hey Stan your website is looking good .

I loged into  it no problem 

http://www.mydiarybook.co.uk

it works fine now,nice one .Love all the new things you have on your website,like all the woman members on your website,very nice  :-).

The Forum post is edited by Pete Dec 30 '12
Joseph
Joseph Dec 30 '12
I heard you were the savior on this one Pete that's awesome I was about to rip my hair out everytime we would get somewhere the bluehost guys would change something and throw it all off lol I am glad to see Stan's site is back up at 100%
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 31 '12
Yes Pete is my hero lol but there again so are you Joseph, if it wasn't for bluehost messing this up you would of had my website back up in no time at all, anyway here's wishing you and your family all the best for 2013 :)