We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Allow chat with all members | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kristopher Julius
Kristopher Julius Dec 28 '12

Hello, was wondering how I can allow everyone to chat with each other. 

Joseph
Joseph Dec 29 '12
unless it was changed you can deactivate the friends plugin and then people will be able to chat with anyone
cit27
cit27 Dec 29 '12
create an announcement (how to chat each other) in user dashboard !
Purusothaman Ramanujam
It would be possible if code is tweaked.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 8 '13
+1 Joseph.
Currently if "Friends" plugin is disabled, everybody will be able to chat with each other.

We will improve this functionality in closest upcoming builds, so that both "Instant Chat" and "Friends" plugins can be active at the same time.
fbkca
fbkca Sep 13 '13
Quote from Aliia +1 Joseph.
Currently if "Friends" plugin is disabled, everybody will be able to chat with each other.

We will improve this functionality in closest upcoming builds, so that both "Instant Chat" and "Friends" plugins can be active at the same time.

has there been any improvement to this? It would be nice to have both plugins active and have the ability to chat with whomever, friends or not. Unless of course, a user has been block by the other etc...
The Forum post is edited by fbkca Sep 13 '13
Lee
Lee Sep 14 '13
If I deactivate the friends plugin can my members add new friend?
fbkca
fbkca Sep 14 '13
Quote from Kou Lee If I deactivate the friends plugin can my members add new friend?

no. the friends options are removed if you deactivate/uninstall the friends plugin.
Alia Team
Alia Sep 16 '13
fbkca, not yet.

Kou Lee, no, once plugin is deactivated users will not be able to add friends. All buttons/blocks/functionality related to "Friends" will be removed from the site.