We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Simple way to stop fake account spam! | Forum

Adsdwew
Adsdwew Oct 22 '22

Quote from Soloplayer Designs Hi Oxwall users, most of our websites has been attacked by unknown spammers. And anti spammer or watchdog doesn't work to them since they are using different ip everytime.

I just discovered a simple way to stop them by creating a fake accounts to your website by simply adding a new profile question and set it to 'required' for this no more fake accounts will be created, and if ever the spammer surpass it, try to make another profile question and set it to number like date or web address also set it to 'required'

i don't know if most of you already know this method but..
I hope this might help you a little.
Happy New year

P.S
i also notice some odd thing about this fake account spammers, like its somewhere on plugins or so.. not sure so who knows.
You're absolutely right and you've shared accurate method work which still works now. But the question is how to stop facebook account hacking. Yesterday, I was surprised to see that a French site pirater-un-compte-fb.com has shared a trick to hack any facebook account within 2 minutes and surprising point is that the trick works perfect. What will you say about it?
Pages: « 1 2