We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mobile app [Open Discussion] | Forum

Generalissimo
Generalissimo Jan 1 '13
Is anyone working on a mobile app that can be customized to oxwall sites?  I would like to have a mobile app available for download from the major app stores.   
The Forum post is edited by Alia May 8 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jan 2 '13

Generalissimo, this kind of App was not developed yet for Oxwall.

It is one of the changes we are planning to make in one of the upcoming builds.

Generalissimo
Generalissimo Jan 2 '13
ok thanks.  Are we allowed to hire this out to someone who can build this kind of app?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes. You can hire some other developers to do that for you.
Mental
Mental Jan 3 '13
I would glady pay for this once I have the funds. An IOS / ANDROID app combo that would be customized to site would be amazing !

Victor Daniel Tremblay
I am actually looking for a responsive theme (mobile, tablet, etc.).  If anyone ready to chip in why not?
Alia Team
Alia Jan 4 '13
Mental, Generalissimo  check Oxwall Market to find developers who can customize Oxwall to fit your needs.
Vitaly
Vitaly May 6 '13
I am thinking to go with Oxwall  but the only thing is stopping me is I want a mobile app for my website, so I can hire developers to do this? Or is there going to be a plug in in the feature? I want for my members to access their site through mobile app not just myself as admin. 
Shaun
Shaun May 6 '13
Aron's Mobile plugin is not that bad in my oppinion. It's not great and there is room for development but it does the job nicely.

The item can be found here Mobile Plugin

There is also this theme here that although I have not tried It looks fairly good.
David A
David A May 6 '13
I had seen the mobile plugin, but did not know about the responsive theme...   Will have to take a look....  does not look like there are many issues with the liquid theme in the theme forum either.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am currently in-progress for a Android app. No ugly themes and no ugly theme based plugins.. 100% android based..

I will create a separate thread for the screenshots in the forum shortly.
Shaun
Shaun May 7 '13
Looking forward to the android update but wondering if there are any plans to further progress into apple and windows mobile?

Are you planning on uploading 1 app for all oxwall sites or will we have to download re brand and submit the app to android our selves?

If so will you be offering a customisation service for the less tallented of us?
David A
David A May 7 '13
Great Puru!

Shaun, great questions Shaun.  I am curious as well.

Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Shaun Looking forward to the android update but wondering if there are any plans to further progress into apple and windows mobile?

Are you planning on uploading 1 app for all oxwall sites or will we have to download re brand and submit the app to android our selves?

If so will you be offering a customisation service for the less tallented of us?

1) I can manage only to pull one of my Android developer friend. May be I should make my iOs developer agree :)

2) The app will be standard for all with inbuilt themese support.

3) Yes. Customizations will be done based on request.
Richard Carr
Richard Carr May 7 '13
This is fantastic news - I have been hoping one of you developers were working on something like this, great work Puru...Yes it would be great for iOs and android
David A
David A Aug 23 '13
I was curious if folks looking for an option for mobile users had found one yet.

Thomas
Thomas Sep 19 '13
Not a full Oxwall iPhone app but still, I just started an effort to build a native iOS application that connects to a Oxwall powered site in order to access the mailbox. 

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/13460

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Sep 19 '13
talking about android app it wont be possible to create 1 aaps for all oxwall site , everybody will have to do mods according to their web.caz each android apps have a diffrent unique package name like com.oxwall , com.facebook  etc .
Morgan Shannon
Morgan Shannon Jan 28 '14
Mobile application development requires use of specialized integrated development environments. Mobile apps are first tested within the development environment using emulators and later subjected to field testing. mobile application development Newcastle upon Tyne
Joseph
Joseph Jan 29 '14
as of now I have had a few apps made they are just based on accessing the mobile site but they work as they make it quick and easy to get on our site 
Pages: 1 2 »