We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blank Screen after Login | Forum

matt
matt Jan 1 '13
Hiya,

Were getting a blank white screen after login. Refreshing the page brings up the site. I suspect its linked to the splash page, which does not show? Any one got any ideas of what to check?

I tried switching the splash on and off. The splash never gets displayed. The screen remains white until refresh.

Thanks,

Matt
The Forum post is edited by matt Jan 1 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Is the html code of your splash screen well formatted and valid?
matt
matt Jan 2 '13
Yes, in that we only have text in there atm. It did work, and now it doesn't, so I'm not sure what happened.

Switching the splash off, doesn't seem to help either.

wierd.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 2 '13
Matt, can I have your site URL?
matt
matt Jan 2 '13
Unfortunately not Aliia. Our site is an intranet site and not on the web. I realize that this makes us difficult to support :(

The Forum post is edited by matt Jan 2 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jan 3 '13
Matt, I have found a topic that was reported a while ago. You can check it here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/2056

The issue is similar to yours. Can you let me know:
1. What is your hosting plan and how many users online do you have
2. Whether DEV_MODE if off in your ow_includes/config.php file.
3. Try to make it (DEV_MODE) true and browse your site. If you will see any errors on blank page, post it here. In other way, contact hosting.

matt
matt Jan 9 '13
Hi Aliia,

I can report that this still occurs. Ours is an internal server, with a route into it for members, so hosting seems to prove irrelevant. As does number of users. What has that got to do with how the Url redirects after login?

The sidebar is showing up to guests on the join page. If I move a widget (like forum posts) over to the sidebar, those show up too.

If I make the join page hidden, and have the landing page as 'sign-up' I wish, after the sign-in, for users to get redirected to the front page. Currently, it goes to a blank white screen and a refresh is necessary. (perhaps resending login data?)

If I have the Join Page as landing, then user clicks 'sign-in', does the authentication and the system redirects as it should.

I have viewable to guests, switched off.

Please can you ask a dev? Or suggest a workflow for not having any content available to guests, until after sign-in?

I have tested disabling all plugins and switching themes to confirm its a core problem.

Cheers,

Matt

matt
matt Jan 14 '13
...Update. Users now see white screen after completing Join form....

This is bizarre...

matt
matt
matt Jan 14 '13
Could this be a htaccess thing?

matt
matt Jan 14 '13
Anyone? Any clues?

Thanks,

Matt
Bailey
Bailey Aug 6 '13
I am having the same issue as Matt.  I don't have a Join Now page because it is a closed network.  While it didn't always do this, now when you go to the sign-in page after signing in it will show a white screen.  Refreshing brings the user to their dashboard.  The sign in on the console that pops up doesn't do this, just the sign in page. 
Alia Team
Alia Aug 7 '13
Bailey, please follow debug steps listed here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11884
matt
matt Aug 23 '13
Hiya,

Just returning to this thread. We still get the same behavior.  If dev mode is enabled - the white screen does not appear after /sign-in or /join  - but when dev mode is false - the white screen appears.

My hosts say it is a script problem (ie. Oxwall) I can't figure it out.....

Help?

x
Matt
matt
matt Aug 23 '13
Ok, I made some progress.

I set up a new install, installed all of our plugins and activated/deactivated each one in turn. The blank screen thing only happens when 'user blog' plugin is active. The problem goes away when it is deactivated. I will ping Puru to let him know.

Of course, this could be code conflict from another of our installed plugins from another dev - But I think we  might have gotton a bit closer to a solution.

FWIW - Userblogs is a fantastic plugin, which we use a lot and cannot do without.

Matt
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I got your message. Thanks for that. We will work on that to confirm the issue if any on the plugin.

Thanks.
Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '13
Thanks for sharing Matt.
Keep us posted here.
matt
matt Sep 9 '13
Purus was able to see the behaviour on my test site. But wasnt able to reproduce the issue on his test site.

We feel left with the conclusion that something is conflicting somehow with my site (another plugin, perhaps).

The behaviour still happens for me when I activate user blogs plugin. I will carry out more tests.

matt