We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Copy/Paste problem | Forum

Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Jan 1 '13
Howdy everyone,

I tried copy/paste to the forum of my website and this problem happened. How to solve this?

I had seen this problem in many oxwall powered website.

Is there any problem to solve this?

Alia Team
Alia Jan 1 '13
Nirmalya, can you give us a link where we can check this issue?  ( I searched your site's forum, but wasn't able to find this topic). Can you also attach the text you tried to post on your forum ? Thank you.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 1 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe this happens when the text you copied from other sites has some formatting applied to it.
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Jan 2 '13
No. I just copied it from one of my sent messages in my website. Not from any external website.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 2 '13
Can you give us a link where we can check this issue?  ( I searched your site's forum, but wasn't able to find this topic). Can you also attach the text you tried to post on your forum ? Thank you.
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Jan 2 '13
I had already attached the screenshot.

But here's the link http://www.goplugged.com/forum/topic/8?page=1#post-19

I just copy/pasted it from one the messages I sent to one of my users.

Here's the whole message, I sent to one of my users and I copy/pasted from this message

Dear Sayantan Chakraborty,

If you want to send someone a gift, follow the following steps:

1. Go to the user's profile, whom you want to send gift.

2. You would get a option above the user's avatar(profile picture) to "handshake", "send gifts", etc.

3. Click on "Send gift" and select the gift you want to send.

If you have any more problems, please contact me or create a new topic in our forums.

We would love to hear from you.

Regards and a Happy New Year,

Nirmalya Ghosh.

Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Jan 2 '13
I'm using Google chrome. Even when I copy/pasted the message here, the same thing happened!
Alia Team
Alia Jan 3 '13
Nirmalya, this happens because you have this background (#35586C in CSS styles of your website:

} .ow_page_padding {

background-attachment: fixed;

background-clip: border-box;

background-color: #35586C;

background-image: url("http://www.goplugged.com/...s/theme_image_70.png");

background-origin: padding-box;

background-position: 0 0;

background-repeat: repeat;

background-size: cover;

Even though it is covered by the image (theme_image_70.png), background is still there. When you copied the message you copied corresponding styles. Thats why when you pasted this text on your forum you got this background.

To avoid this in future paste needed text into  .txt document to get rid of all styles and only then post on forum. OR use "HTML" button located in the menu of the input box when you compose a message on forum.

Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Jan 3 '13
Ok got it. Thanks.