We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Writing Today | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
macallister
macallister Mar 20 '23

The use of what we refer to as "text speak" is a growing trend which some would even argue is a growing epidemic amongst our young people. This whole phenomena began because of the "fiddly" nature of the older style mobile phone (cell phone) buttons. Users of mobile devices began to find ways of shortening words by missing out vowels or changing the whole structure of certain words.

Since certain Social Media Networking website have began to grow in popularity, this trend has increased. Now Regional ideolect is being introduced into our written English language which is something that was relatively unheard of before and was previously reserved for our spoken language. We all pick up a regional accent from the people who surround us in our day to day lives but actually writing in such a way and, indeed, it being deemed as "cool" to write in such a way is a relatively new trend. Sure, it has been seen before in dribs and drabs but never has it been so prevalent as it is today.

So it began with text messaging and has spread online to Social Media...what next? Well, teachers and other educators have noted that the written language is being affected in schools by this phenomena so how can we combat this trend? https://assignment-partner.com/arts-assignment-writing-service/ Or is this just the natural evolution of the written word in our modern era? I do somehow doubt that this is the case but I guess we will have to wait and see. One thing is for sure, this trend is affecting how our children are expressing themselves right here and now. A proportion of our children are seen to be spending a large amount of their free time and, indeed, time when they are meant to be in the midst of academia, communicating via these channels.

There can be seen to be a rising proportion of people becoming addicted to the sensationalistic nature of instant gratification of "statuses" and receiving messages via the various popular Social Media Networking websites. So where do we go from here? Well, I think that many things are find in moderation and we must accept that these new mediums of communication and information retrieval certainly have their place in society these days. The issue is not necessary these channels but their application. Discipline must be taught to our children in the usage of these websites and they must also be able to discern between the difference styles and types of communication. For instance, it is obviously highly inappropriate to communicate using "text speak" in an academic essay.

jajos38525
jajos38525 Apr 20 '23
The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. cooking
jajos38525
jajos38525 Apr 25 '23
Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. Agendar hora
macallister
macallister Apr 27 '23
I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I suppose I'm not the only one having most of the enjoyment here! continue the nice work... Daman App Download
jajos38525
jajos38525 Apr 27 '23
So, go ahead and spin those reels, test your luck, and enjoy the thrill of the game! Remember to always gamble responsibly and within your means. Good luck on your slot game adventures! 안전 슬롯사이트
bhatti
bhatti Apr 29 '23

Trees are an essential part of our environment, but sometimes they need to be removed due to various reasons such as age, disease, or structural issues. Tree removal sydney is a complicated process that requires proper knowledge and expertise to perform safely and efficiently. If you need tree removal service in Sydney, Black Forest Tree Service is the right company to call.

whitewalter
whitewalter Apr 30 '23

https://essayshark.com/ is a professional website that offers assistance with research paper writing. With a team of skilled writers, the website guarantees high-quality and plagiarism-free research papers that meet the specific requirements of clients. The website is easy to navigate, and the ordering process is simple and fast. The pricing is also affordable, making it accessible to clients on a budget. Moreover, the website has a money-back guarantee, ensuring customer satisfaction. Overall, EssayShark.com is an excellent choice for anyone looking for reliable research paper writing services.

kingyorks
kingyorks Apr 30 '23
This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. Vitamin B6 ampoule
macallister
macallister May 6 '23
An extremely awesome blog post. We're really grateful for your blog post. You will discover plenty of approaches after visiting your post. Winter Park Personal training over 70