We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Changed servers and now error. What to do | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Dustin
Dustin Mar 1 '11
I moved my site from shared 1and1 hosting to a 1and1 dedicated server and now I am getting this error. I must be missing a change somewhere in my config files but I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db358893138.ow_base_documentObject' doesn't exist
File: /.../ow_core/database.php
Line: 303
Trace:

#0 /.../ow_core/database.php(303): PDO->prepare('SELECT * FROM o...')
#1 /.../ow_core/database.php(351): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM o...', NULL)
#2 /.../ow_core/base_dao.php(114): OW_Database->queryForObject('SELECT * FROM o...', 'BOL_Document')
#3 /.../ow_system_plugins/base/bol/document_dao.php(96): OW_BaseDao->findObjectByExample(Object(OW_Example))
#4 /.../ow_system_plugins/base/bol/navigation_service.php(135): BOL_DocumentDao->findStaticDocument('')
#5 /.../ow_core/application.php(134): BOL_NavigationService->findStaticDocument('')
#6 /.../index.php(43): OW_Application->init()
#7 {main}

Type: PDOException
The Forum post is edited by Dustin Mar 1 '11
Dustin
Dustin Mar 1 '11
It appears my server is running php 5.1.6. I know I need 5.2. Could this be the issue?
Dustin
Dustin Mar 1 '11
OK. Got it updated to 5.2 and still the same thing. Can anyone help?
Dustin
Dustin Mar 1 '11
OK. I am an idiot. Safe_Mode was on. Turned that off and works good.
Den Team
Den Mar 2 '11
:)
dhruv
dhruv Jan 23 '12
i am having the same problem.
the safe mode is OFF.
previously it was free hosting, and now i am on dedicated with plesk 10.4.4 and mysql

but having same problem :(
dhruv
dhruv Jan 23 '12
the DB is fine, i have replaced them twice but still not working.

there is only one change i've seen,

old phpmyadmin shows "Server version: 5.1.56"

while new phpmyadmin shows "Server version: 5.5.20-cll"

Web server (Old server)
  • cpsrvd 11.30.4.6
  • MySQL client version: 4.1.22
  • PHP extension: mysql

Web server (new server)
  • sw-cp-server/1.0.0
  • MySQL client version: 5.0.90
  • PHP extension: mysql Documentation

is this creating problem??

i have plesk 10.4.4 installed.
The Forum post is edited by dhruv Jan 23 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 23 '12
Check if your new server meets our server requirements. Can you share your phpinfo.php file here?
dhruv
dhruv Jan 24 '12

Quote from aka_le_Mulder Check if your new server meets our server requirements. Can you share your phpinfo.php file here?

Pls rename it to test1.php.html
Attachments:
  test1.txt (50.87Kb)
dhruv
dhruv Jan 30 '12
no support for shifting server!!

pls atleast give some solution for it, coz, i want to shift my site ASAP.
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 31 '12
try doing a clean install first on the new server.  if it works then we are sure the server will run oxwall.  if that is the case don't panic!  you still have your original files and db from your site.

Do that and see if it works first.
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 1 '12
Michael is right - fresh install will be a good option of checking whether your server meets our requirements or not.
Rachel
Rachel Sep 9 '22

When your server is changed, the name of it also changes. Each shared server at DreamHost has a specific name.

Please review the Finding your FTP server hostname article for information on how to view the name of your web server.

Below are some things you should check prior to the move to ensure that things go as smoothly as possible:

Make sure when you connect to your domain via FTP/SFTP/SSH, you use your domain as the hostname.

If your domain is example.com, you would enter exactly that as your hostname.

Do not add to the URL.

DNS settings

Here are a few steps to set up your DNS settings when a server moves:

Review the email that is sent to you once the server migration has completed – your new server is listed in the Subject line.

If you are not using DreamHost’s nameservers, update your IP address once the server is migrated.

If your IP continues to point to the old server IP, your site will not function.

View the DNS article for information on how to find the correct IP address of your site.

If necessary, update the correct IP of your site at the company that hosts your nameservers.

Keep in mind, Unique IPs will change as well since DreamHost does not offer static IP addresses.

Fixing issues after the move

After the migration completes, you may notice errors with your site or you may find it’s not responding as it once did.

The following sections help you troubleshoot the most common causes of this.

My site is not responding

This is most likely a DNS issue. Since the server changed, the IP of the site also changed. At your current DNS host, you must point your DNS to your new DreamHost IP. View the DNS settings section above to correct this.

If your site is correctly pointed to your new DreamHost IP, it's possible you could see a 'Site Not Found' error. View the Site not found article to fix this.

If your site is still not responding, contact DreamHost support for assistance.

My email form or cron job is not working

It's possible to use your servername as part of your email address in a custom email form or cron job. For example, you could use:

username@servername.dreamhost.com

In this example, 'username' is your FTP user and 'servername' is the name of your web server. If you're using this format, make sure to update the name of your server you're using for the email address.

My uploaded files do not display online

This is likely because you're using the old server name as your FTP hostname. If you're using something like SERVER.dreamhost.com as your hostname, you'll need to change that to your new server name (which is given to you in the Subject line of the email confirming that you've been successfully moved). Review the Finding your FTP server hostname article for more information on how to view the name of your web server.

An even better idea is to use your domain name. The domain name will automatically point to the correct server no matter where it's moved.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez