We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Sign-In page as landing page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Lisa
Lisa Jan 3 '13
How do I set up the site.com/sign-in page as my main landing page? 
Alia Team
Alia Jan 4 '13
Lisa, this requires custom code modifications.

But I don't see the reason to have it as a landing page if you have a "Sign in" and "Sign Up" bar in the top right corner of all pages.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
How about trying to create a custom menu with sign-in url and re-arrange it in "menus" to be first one..
Soloplayer Designs
Soloplayer Designs Jan 4 '13
or how about set your Privacy & Permission global privacy to guess can view the site with 'No'
Alia Team
Alia Jan 4 '13
Purusothaman, solution you offered will not really work now. Sign-in page will not open right away. User will first see a blank page, only after he click on the menu item again will the sign in page open.

I will check with developers whether it is possible to open it right away though.
Lisa
Lisa Jan 4 '13

To clarify:

The reason I am asking is that we are having a major issue that has been ongoing for more than 6 mos. I was told by Oxwall team the issue would (finally) be fixed with 1.5, but it isn't. The issue ONLY happens when some users try to log in using the standard "sign-in" from our /join page which is our current landing page. IE the sign-in in the user console with 1.5.

HOWEVER, the issue NEVER happens if users log-in from site.com/sign-in (which is the backdoor when you have the maintenance screen up).

I'm looking for a temporary fix so my users can access the site while I wait for Oxwall to fix my issue. :(

Lisa
Lisa Jan 8 '13
So, is it possible to set the sign-in page as the landing page when people go to our sitename.com?
cit27
cit27 Jan 8 '13
Lisa...May I know your site? This is My Site (the last update 1.5) try to sign in there, I want to know if my site is also experiencing the same problem
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jan 8 '13
Jam
Jam Jan 8 '13
hello cit24- i visited your site nice- can you tell me what theme you used?.. www.jammyx.in

Lisa
Lisa Jan 10 '13
Can anyone PLEASE help me with this?
cit27
cit27 Jan 10 '13
I my self cant help u
Jam
Jam Jan 11 '13
cit24- may i know what theme you used in your microblogasia?...
cit27
cit27 Jan 11 '13
Jam
Origin theme

Lisa
Lisa Jan 11 '13
Please help me keep my thread on topic. I need someone to help me with making the /sign-in page my landing page. Will someone please help me?
Lisa
Lisa Jan 15 '13

Can anyone please help me?

ed claassen
ed claassen Jan 15 '13

i don't know, but doesn't work? 

<html>

<head>

<META http-equiv=Refresh content="0; URL=http://jouwsite/sign-in">
</head>

</html>