We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

facebook connect error - Facebook Connect | Forum

Jason
Jason Feb 8 '13
I'll download and install the latest from the Oxwall store as the update feature still isn't working for the plugin.
cit27
cit27 Feb 8 '13
Olso Update this info:
Correct Your FB Application:

Customize your Facebook App’s URLs, icon, name, and more

Jason
Jason Feb 8 '13
And where would I change that in the developer section for the app?? I uninstalled the plugin, deleting it directly from my site and then installing the new one from the Oxwall store and it still doesn't work. It appends the domain name with /facebook-connect/login?backUri= and displays a blank page no matter what computer and what browser I'm using.
cit27
cit27 Feb 8 '13
Go to Yoursite.com/admin/plugins/fbconnect/settings
Click:  Edit Your Facebook Application or click Remove Facebook Application to Start configuration from scratch  
http://www.facebook.com/...?app_id=yourIDnumber
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 8 '13
Jason
Jason Feb 8 '13
Can you send me a PM with those instructions? Your response was truncated on here. Where at in the developer setting do I make the changes you were  describing?

cit27
cit27 Feb 8 '13
Open Your PM
Jason
Jason Feb 8 '13
Thanks, I'll give it a shot before I see about having a better plug-in written for the program. The twitter plugin doesn't work either but that's not pertinent to this thread
cit27
cit27 Feb 8 '13
Let me know if you still got this problem...
Jason
Jason Feb 10 '13
Still have the problem. I have used the login with facebook feature before and have never had to fill out the app data and had to submit it for facebook's approval before so I seriously doubt that is the problem. I noticed on IE that I can get the login screen to come up and can enter my login information however when it goes to redirect back to my site the URI info in the web address is blank and it just gives me an error 500. It would be highly beneficial if Oxwall would look in to this and document this so that there is actually written instructions that can be followed so that the step by step comes straight from the horses mouth.
Jason
Jason Feb 10 '13
It also wants to login and then open a new browser window upon login. I'm going to uninstall this feature until the issues are worked out and we can get some definitive instructions from Oxwall or until I can have someone right a more robust plugin that works without fail.
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Feb 10 '13
i can help you with this.
cit27
cit27 Feb 10 '13
Try do not put anything on canvas URL or Leave blank
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 10 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 10 '13
I edit my FB Application like this:

and must be you are incorrect setting (Not Error Plugin)  and you can test to sign in using facebook on My Site...and you will see on the newsfeed like this one: joined our site using their Facebook account!
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 10 '13
Jason
Jason Feb 10 '13
I uninstalled the plugin completely, created a NEW FB app and per the settings above installed the plugin and it still gave me the same error.
cit27
cit27 Feb 10 '13

Quote from Ronnel Dela Cruz i can help you with this.

Try this help
Jason
Jason Feb 13 '13
I switched over to SocialEngine and didn't have to alter my FB app or anything in any ways. Plugged in the app key and app secret and it just worked. Definitely a flawed plugin for this software.
cit27
cit27 Feb 13 '13
Sometimes there are little things that we do not know (or incorrect) when the plugin is probably perfect
Bobby
Bobby Feb 16 '13
I have done the debug thing to try to figure out why I can't use Facebook connect. The following is my error message. Does anyone know what this mean? My files? Server problem? Did I mess up my key?

OW Debug - Exception

Message: Failed to connect to 69.171.224.42: Permission denied File: /home/www/pirate.harmoncabin.com/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php Line: 819 Trace: #0 /home/www/pirate.harmoncabin.com/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(770): BaseFacebook->makeRequest('https://api-rea...', Array) #1 /home/www/pirate.harmoncabin.com/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(704): BaseFacebook->_oauthRequest('https://api-rea...', Array) #2 /home/www/pirate.harmoncabin.com/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(550): BaseFacebook->_restserver(Array) #3 /home/www/pirate.harmoncabin.com/ow_plugins/fbconnect/bol/service.php(162): BaseFacebook->api(Array) #4 /home/www/pirate.harmoncabin.com/ow_plugins/fbconnect/bol/service.php(183): FBCONNECT_BOL_Service->fbGetFieldValueList('100000413560273', Array) #5 /home/www/pirate.harmoncabin.com/ow_plugins/fbconnect/controllers/connect.php(81): FBCONNECT_BOL_Service->requestQuestionValueList('100000413560273') #6 [internal function]: FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect->login(Array) #7 /home/www/pirate.harmoncabin.com/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect), Array) #8 /home/www/pirate.harmoncabin.com/ow_core/application.php(317): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #9 /home/www/pirate.harmoncabin.com/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest() #10 {main} Type: FacebookApiException
Danny
Danny May 18 '13
i get the same error 

please help

everything is set right thanks

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 11 '19
Any one found a working solution ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic