We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

A plugin for users to add custom files to their profile? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Aditya
Aditya Jan 4 '13
I'd like to add an extra field to the user profile, where they can add any file of their choice (with size limits). I'd also like to be able to control how many files are allowed for each user.

Is there a plugin that can already do this?

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jan 4 '13
there is not at the current time.  
matt
matt Jan 4 '13
+1 for this feature in core or plugin :) (yes I will post it on uservoice :)
cit27
cit27 Jan 4 '13
if I'm not mistaken, you can perform the following steps :
To control how many files are allowed for all user: Click Manage Plugin or open URL yoursite/admin/plugins...then ...
Setting Photo Plugin or open URL yoursite/admin/photo (Options: Upload Settings, Limits, View Settings, etc) -> Click Save
Forum Plugin Setting or open URL  yoursite/admin/plugins/forum (2 options: Enable file attachments and Attachment maximum file size)..

But
also set the mailbox plugin,

U cant add an extra field to the user profile but youcan add some of the things required in the profile page: open yoursite/admin -> Click Users -> Profile Questions or open this URL yoursite/admin/questions/index in your browser..
click Add Question...answer type->extended text (user can add long text)
Den Team
Den Jan 7 '13
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 7 '13
Thanks for posting this suggestion on UserVoice Matt.

>>U cant add an extra field to the user profile but youcan add some of the things required in the profile page:

+1 cit24 .  This requires custom code modification.