We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Miguel
Miguel Feb 14 '13
Hi. I have the this problem. It is a fresh install in a fresh server account. So  no content and I can send access details to the server
Mary Jane Quirante
Mary Jane Quirante Feb 15 '13
To update your plugins, or add new one directly to your Admin Panel.

FOR FTP attributes, 

In the field showing "Localhost" don't write anything there. Just let it be.

Username: The username you use when you access your cpanel with your FTP client like Filezilla.

Password: The password you use when you access your cpanel with your FTP client like Filezilla.

Port: 21

If your Oxwall powered site is installed on your Addon Domain, then use the 'Username' and 'Password' for FTP access you created during the creation of your AddOn Domain.

I also had this problem before..hope this help. 

damien frost
damien frost Feb 15 '13
Some will need to put ftp.yourdomain.com instead of localhost 

localhost doesn't work for all servers.

Same with username some people do not realize that it's often username@yourdomain.com
The Forum post is edited by damien frost Feb 15 '13
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 22 '13
Quote from Eddie Hughes I've never got this working either! I've had to do everything manual! Even though I can connect via browser, Filezilla, Cyberduck.... In fact its only Oxwall that cant get in? I always get INVALID FTP ATTRIBUTES! PROVIDED USER DOESN'T HAVE PERMISSIONS TO OVERWRITE FILES.

Not a big issue but would be nice if it worked!

Eddie

I have had the same issue for a long time now.  AS Eddie said, not a big issue for me either.

I run my own server for hosting, Ubuntu based and have full access to the server, ssh and the db.  I have tried chown on the files and nothing sorted it.

I believe it is still a permission/ownership issue where I moved my site from a hosting company to my own server and I believe that is when the issues have appeared.

The irony is my site reports my ftp details dont have rewrite permissions but I log into the site via ftp to do the manual update using the same account and credentials and it overwrites fine.

Not that bothered about it really but it would be nice to work...
Any Ideas?

Silvio
Silvio Jan 25 '14
I understand what the support team says but the FTP problem is not solved and absolutly reproducibile. I see a lot of people blaming about the same problem without any valid solution (giving chmod 777 to all oxwall subdirs is not a solution) .
I'm testing oxwall before going to a dedicated hosted server on vmware with centos 6.5

After Installation of the sql and oxwall everythings works except the FTP. I followed also this guide http://www.ehowstuff.com/setup-vsftpd-service-on-centos-6-5/

i tested it from my pc with filezilla and the user Oxwall works correcly with ftp. Then i tried locally on the virtual machine with a ftp localhost and it worked. No way to let oxwall work from web interface.

I do not see any solution and before i'm going to pay for a professional server i would be sure the ftp could work with a base configuration and with a specific OS before spending time and money.

If anyone of the team needs it i could upload on a personal server the Virtual Appliance i've prepared and could check it from it.

regards.
Pages: « 1 2