We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Concerned with Support | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Victor Watts
Victor Watts Jan 10 '13
I posted a while back about invite not working, nor does emails no replies.  I now was trying to get someone into a mod.  Each time I do this it says user does not exist.  We only have 3 members, this site is fresh, yet so many issues.  I set up some questions for profiles and went into my profile to fill out the added questions and they don't even exist that I just took the time to set up? 

So I am not sure what to do, I have ran Boonex and didn't have too many issues with it but I wanted something a little simpler.  I like Oxwall a lot just very concerned because nothing is working for the most part. 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The problem is with the way you and your installation is configured. Oxwall is really great when it comes to features and simplicity.
Victor Watts
Victor Watts Jan 11 '13
No it isn't unless you are saying that both me and the auto script that is located in Soft something in cpanel are both wrong cause I am getting issues from both ways.  I am not trying to be rude.  sorry if it comes across that way, but I have seen tons of post here concerning this mail situation and I have not seen anywhere here where the problem has been resolved.  If there is a link to where the problem has been resolved please point me to that post cause I have spent hours here looking thru the forums for a solution.

Victor
Purusothaman Ramanujam
All the issues related to mails are just because of crons and server setup.

I never trust in auto-installation scripts. It can be wrong many times. BTW, such auto installation scripts do not setup cron for you automatically. Only you should setup that. Did you did that? I mean correctly..
cit27
cit27 Jan 11 '13
Victor: you have to be patient, there are many causes of failures in the installation process.. error may come from the server, your cron jobssetting, etc...
Alia Team
Alia Jan 15 '13
Victor, can you point at the topic where you have originally posted about the issue with emails?
Need more details to check this for you.
Victor Watts
Victor Watts Jan 17 '13
Mail is fixed but unfortunantly now I can't even log into the site this morning says page isn't their or something.  It's OK it was just me dreaming that I would be able to produce a community for those who are in recovery.  I thank you for all of your support. 

The main thing was for letting everyone to make sure their settings were to receive emails immediately and than they started to work. 

The people on line did show when someone was logged out, now it is showing me online when I am not so yeah something is wrong their, I am no techy by any means.  Just a wanta be who's attempts am getting tired....

Thanks for your support.  I don't know if I want to take the effort and reinstall I get tired of losing all the work that has already been done

Recover Way
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Victor Watts The people on line did show when someone was logged out, now it is showing me online when I am not so

Check whether your cron is set right and running right.