We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blank page | Forum

Mary
Mary Mar 5 '11
I am trying to install but it is not possible.
I 've creted the database manualy and try to create the config.php into ow_includes but still nothing. The only think i can see is a blank page.
Can you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance
Mary
Den Team
Den Mar 9 '11
Hi Mary.
On what step of installation do you see blank screen?
Make sure that you have display_errors ON on your php.ini file.
Mary
Mary Mar 9 '11
Hi Addenster and thanks for your reply

The blank page cames after i am giving the db connection details. I saw somewhere in this forum the display_errors on and i used it.
So when i am browsing http://www.mysite.gr/install

I am getting in the top of page those errors:
Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_URL_HOME — assumed 'OW_URL_HOME' in /home/mysite/public_html/ow_includes/config.php on line 5

Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_URL_HOME — assumed 'OW_URL_HOME' in /home/mysite/public_html/ow_includes/config.php on line 6

My hosting company is HFW (i am having a dedicated server) and as i saw is one of the hosting companies you propose.

Again thanks for your help
Mary
Den Team
Den Mar 10 '11
With display_errors ON, do you see any errors after you put mysql details on installation and press Next?
Mary
Mary Mar 10 '11
No after next i am still getting:
Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_URL_HOME — assumed 'OW_URL_HOME' in /home/radevou/public_html/ow_includes/config.php on line 5

Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_URL_HOME — assumed 'OW_URL_HOME' in /home/radevou/public_html/ow_includes/config.php on line 6
Den Team
Den Mar 11 '11
Check that you have MBstring extension installed on your hosting.
Mary
Mary Mar 11 '11
According to my hosting company (hostforweb) i have everything i need. But i cannot install it.
Den Team
Den Mar 14 '11
In this way, send me all you FTP/Cpanel details. Our dev guys will check it. With hostforweb oxwall must work well :)
The Forum post is edited by Den Mar 14 '11
vince
vince Mar 21 '11
Hello Mary ton erreur vient du fait que ton serveur doit probablement fonctionner avec php5.3 switch le en 5 depuis ton htaccess.

SetEnv PHP_VER 5
The Forum post is edited by vince Mar 21 '11