We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Admin permission is the SAME as the free account | Forum

Jesus
Jesus Jan 11 '13
i do not want members to be able to add videos, only admin
however, when i deactivated this feature for default free members
it will also deactivate this permission for admin

how can this be fixed?

tracy
tracy Jan 11 '13
i've been wondering why this is too
tracy
tracy Jan 12 '13
create a new user role, set it to default, set permissions, then delete the free user role...admin will automatically revert to the new user role, then you can make a new user role, call it what you like, set permissions and go back and change the user's you want to the new user role you just created....you will have all of the permissions of the first one.....
Alia Team
Alia Jan 18 '13
Thank you for helping Tracy.

cit27
cit27 Jan 18 '13

Quote from tracy create a new user role, set it to default, set permissions, then delete the free user role...admin will automatically revert to the new user role, then you can make a new user role, call it what you like, set permissions and go back and change the user's you want to the new user role you just created....you will have all of the permissions of the first one.....
But the new registration member will automatically has the same permissions as Admin (Set as default User role)....and admin will be bothered to change the roles of each new member ....
hmmmmm?????
so what is the function of the user role? or become useless

and I'm not sure 100% if this will work if the default user role has all permissions, ...becouse the second role (EX: do not allowed adding video) will automatically revert to the default user roles (Who has all permissions...
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jan 18 '13
tracy
tracy Jan 18 '13
create a new user, remember the name and password, go to user roles in the admin, add a user role, i used the name admin for new role, then went to user permissions, gave that role every permission....then go back to user roles and you will see the moderator link to the right of where it says user roles, click on that, go to the bottom and type in your new user name, click make moderator, then scroll up and check the box that says admin....click save and go and delete your other username...now you are free and clear from any default or other user roles you create........
The Forum post is edited by tracy Jan 18 '13
tracy
tracy Jan 18 '13
if you want to use the same user name, just change your original user name to something else before you create the new user name.
Joseph
Joseph Jan 18 '13
wouldnt you just set the admin as a user role and call it admin give it all permissions and then take away free user permissions seems pretty simple compared to what you guys are doing
tracy
tracy Jan 18 '13
try it joseph and come back and tell us if it was possible....I just tried to do what you mentioned and couldn't accomplish it, maybe you'll have better luck.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 21 '13
Guys, I am currently writing a detailed explanation/solution for this situation. I will post it here shortly. Keep tuned.