We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Making a game with Wix | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Clarens Larson
Clarens Larson May 17 '23
Hello, I recently decided I want to create a clicker game on my website, kind of in the vein of cookie clicker. I could do this already using the wix editor and javascript, but it's not very flexible, because I wouldn't be able to make custom buttons, animations and so on. Is it possible to make a game using html, css and javascript and host it on a page on my site?
Olli Stor
Olli Stor May 17 '23
Thanks for sharing this info about making a game with Wix. I know this thread is a few months old, but I'm on the hunt for similar info, and this thread is really helpful.
Ander Zonder
Ander Zonder May 17 '23
Thanks for sharing this info about making a game with Wix. I know this thread is a few months old, but I'm on the hunt for similar info, and this thread is really helpful.
I also love playing different games and recently discovered a bingo cash app that's been really fun to play around with. But back to your question, I think it's definitely possible to create a clicker game on your website using HTML, CSS, and Javascript. In fact, those are the very tools that most game developers use!
Using those tools will give you a lot more flexibility than using the Wix editor, so you'll be able to make custom buttons, animations, and all sorts of cool stuff. And the best part is you'll be able to host your game right on your website, so visitors can play it right there without having to go to a separate website.