We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Instant Chat | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Tester
Tester Jan 15 '13
I just tried Instant Chat. I see a list of all my friends online (good that, unlike in Facebook, the names of all friends are not displayed). But, what if any one of them wants privacy and to remain N/A (invisible)?
The Forum post is edited by Tester Jan 15 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jan 16 '13
Tester, try using "Privacy" plugin and setting "Who can invite me to chat" to "Only Me".

Privacy options will be available for users under  "My Preferences">"Privacy" tab. Of course, site administrator should install this plugin first.

Let me know the results.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jan 16 '13
better hope you don't get more than 6 users online at once. there is no scroll bar for the ajaxim. this should be addressed immediately. it was posted here about 2 or 3 weeks ago and still no update or word on the situation.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jan 16 '13
here is the fix if you know css 

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/7170

deep lover
deep lover Jan 17 '13

UPDATE INSTANT CHAT as main chat. every one in site can chat with any one with out friend request.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 23 '13
TattooBoy, I will check the issue with the scroll bar and will get back to you shortly.
Tester
Tester Jan 23 '13
Quote from deep lover
UPDATE INSTANT CHAT as main chat. every one in site can chat with any one with out friend request.

Is their a main chat? I was not aware of it. Please make me wise to it.
Tester
Tester Jan 23 '13
Quote from Aliia Tester, try using "Privacy" plugin and setting "Who can invite me to chat" to "Only Me". 
Done. It works. Thanks, Aliia :)

Alia Team
Alia Jan 29 '13
Tester, I think that Deep Lover meant that if "Friends" plugin is disabled ( deactivated) then everybody on your site can chat with each other, without having to be friends to each other.