We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Paid Membership Plugin Update for Oxwall 1.5 - Paid Membership | Forum

Arnold
Arnold Jan 16 '13
Wondering if this plugin will be upgraded to work with Oxwall 1.5

I have a clean install of Oxwall 1.5

The plugin does send the user to PayPal and finishes the transaction and returns the user to the site,so that part of the plugin is working.

It does not upgrade their User Role, nor does it show in the membership plugin - settings - "Browse Users by Membership"

Just wondering when an upgrade bug fix for this plugin will be released ?.

Currently manually upgrading the user role is becoming a pain, when the plugin should do this automatically.

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 17 '13
Arnold, plugin is updated to work with 1.5 .
I have PMed you regarding user roles not being updated after the payment for the membership goes through. Looking forwards for your reply.
Arnold
Arnold Jan 17 '13
I noticed in admin - dashboard - finance nothing is being recorded. So it looks like the PayPal billing plugin is the cause of the paid membership plugin failing.

If the callback from PayPal is not recorded into the database then the membership plugin will of course fail to do anything.

My question is how do i fix the problem then with the PayPal billing plugin so that it records the callback? is it possibly a problem with a cookie or session cookie ? or has PayPal simply changed its API and the callback functions ?

Arnold
Arnold Jan 17 '13
Does the PayPal Billing Plugin that is required for the Paid Membership plugin require you to use your "Primary PayPal Email address" ?

If so then this would be the reason the transaction callback from PayPal is not being recorded by the PayPal Billing Plugin and the reason the Paid Membership plugin is failing.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 17 '13
Arnold, can you check whether  IPN ( instant payment notifications) is activated in your PayPal account. As an IPN url use :  http://www.yoursitename.com/billing-paypal/order/notify

Arnold
Arnold Jan 18 '13
Ok i turned on the IPN and changed to my "primary PayPal email" account.

Still no Joy.

It does send the user to  " Your Order is being Processed" but just hangs there.

:(

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 21 '13
PMed you.
Arnold
Arnold Jan 23 '13
Yes i understand. I spent the last 3 days learning all i can about PayPal and it's IPN(Instant Payment Notification) Cookies, session Cookies, and parsing strings......LOL

Anyone else have the membership plugin working on an oxwall version 1.5.1  site ?.

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 31 '13
Arnold, I have PMed you.
Tony
Tony May 26 '13
Does it work by upgrading the user role?
I'm interested but I want to know if it works.
Is it updated to work on the platform of the 1.5.3 version ?

Thx
The Forum post is edited by Tony May 26 '13
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC May 30 '13
Tony, Paid Membership updates user's role automatically once the response about successful payment is received from the payment gateway.

It is updated to work with the latest version of Oxwall.
You do not have permission to reply this topic