We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Username did not show [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Alia Team
Alia Feb 20 '13
>>username is on the url, anyone can see it. To search specific member directly you'll need username because it's the only unique id.

If you turn on "Show profile name as:real name" in yoursitename.com/admin/settings/user, then members will be able to see Real Names of other members, report those names to you. And you as admin can then search by real names in admin panel.

If this doesn't suit your needs, the only option will be custom code modification to make usernames visible to everybody.

Unfortunately, right now only content can be flagged. Flag option for profiles doesn't exist.
Despina
Despina Apr 3 '13

I changed the words USER NAME in questions (just click the words user name and change it) I changed it to "Second user name" I moved it down the list and tell users to enter a one word user name (Spam guard)

Then click the word REAL NAME and changed that to "user name" and dragged it to the top of the list. 

Problem solved ;-P

Alia Team
Alia Apr 4 '13
Thanks for sharing the trick ))
Alia Team
Alia Apr 4 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
ben
ben Apr 4 '13
smart girl!!
Quote from Despina

I changed the words USER NAME in questions (just click the words user name and change it) I changed it to "Second user name" I moved it down the list and tell users to enter a one word user name (Spam guard)

Then click the word REAL NAME and changed that to "user name" and dragged it to the top of the list. 

Problem solved ;-P

Pages: « 1 2