We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Large flexible panels? Do they exist? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
RichardGravener
RichardGravener Jun 26 '23
So just as a curiosity and since my Google-Fu is failing me, I figured I'd ask here. With the cool option of balcony and railing mount systems for apartment and condo dwellers starting to gain a little traction I was looking for ways to make the systems more useful. I went and measured out a couple places where I could theoretically do something like that here and I've got a lot of space to work with... but...

The only flexible solar panels I can find are in the "100w" range (and lower) which would be a huge waste of space if I were to just hang a few of those. I'm striking out on finding REAL higher wattage panels in flexible, like 200+ watts or so. Every time I seem to find one it's listed as 150w, 200w, 250w, but with a VMP of about 20 and 5 amps... because scammers don't use math.

My thoughts are to use some larger panels hanging off the rail and some of the plug-in microinverters for the US grid and help offset the fact that this whole place is baseboard heat (Yuck!) or pedestal heaters.

Does anyone know where I can get REAL higher wattage flexible lightweight panels?

Also, anyone had good luck with a decent (read not $tupid expensive) grid tie for the US grid?

Thanks all!
Jone Martin
Jone Martin Jun 27 '23
Flexible solar panels are less durable and tend to be more prone to damage than rigid solar panels.

Fine Grading Construction Dallas TX