We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is there any option of Downgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.5.0 Due to Spammers | Forum

Manoj
Manoj Jan 18 '13

Hi everyone , 

This is regarding Spammers who are visiting site and posting lot of links and blog posts on my site , actually upto yesterday i was not getting any spams on my site with 1.5.0 .

but the moment i have upgraded to 1.5.1 it started getting spam on site .

kindly help 

Regards

Manoj 

OW Developer
OW Developer Jan 18 '13
Yes there is a way. Message me and I will jelp you.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hi,

Its not due to the upgrade. Even now downgrading wont help you.
Manoj
Manoj Jan 18 '13
can you tell me puru , what could be the reason that all of sudden spammers got access to post on my site ?

Regards

Manoj 

ben
ben Jan 18 '13
better keep the 1.5.1, 1.5.0 have several bug and solved on 1.5.1, there is no need to downgrade.
Manoj
Manoj Jan 18 '13
Ben , 

how to fight with these spammers , i have observed that in 1.5.0 spammers were signing up but they were unable post in links and blog sections . 

but now they have got freedom to post so i am continously monitoring site from last 5-6 hours and this will get difficult to manage 24x7 .

ben
ben Jan 18 '13
It's not easy, even with antispammer plugins they still get through, but you can installed for minimizing the spam on your site.
Joseph
Joseph Jan 18 '13
my site worked perfect until the upgrade now nothing but 504 errors like the cpu is running at 99% possibly from ip attacks so this is awesome right?
ben
ben Jan 18 '13
hy joseph,

i cant access your site
Dot spears
Dot spears Jan 18 '13
got the exact same problem as joseph cpu going through the roof and only two users online
Dot spears
Dot spears Jan 18 '13
and constant errors
Joseph
Joseph Jan 18 '13
I have 2 users on as well not sure if thats related but weird we both crash to a 504 at 2 users I cant even get into my mysql o try and deactivate plugins to see if I can get the site back up
Dot spears
Dot spears Jan 18 '13
yes same here but our site is up but so slow people are giving up and going to bed ,i try to get in to admin and get errors try to click on forums takes forever grrrrr
Joseph
Joseph Jan 18 '13
yeah its the mysql its not ending processes I am attaching mysql process results 
Attachments:
  sql.txt (8.88Kb)
Joseph
Joseph Jan 18 '13
going into mysql and deactivating mailbox has got my site working again
Dot spears
Dot spears Jan 18 '13
joseph got my blonde head i have looked in mysql in cpanel cant find mailbox in ours where would i look???screen shot if you can thanks
Joseph
Joseph Jan 18 '13
ok go to phpmyadmin if you are in cpanel select ow_plugins and find mailbox in that list and set the is active to 0 after that you will need to go to your site and access this page /admin/plugins/uninstall-request/key/mailbox/ and finish the uninstall (warning:this does not always work with every plugin only use it for the current situation) once you do this the plugin will be fully uninstalled and right now I have reinstalled my mailbox and so far its working but if I have an issue look for another post here
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Jan 18 '13
Attachments:
  sql.png (177.55Kb)
Dot spears
Dot spears Jan 18 '13
many thanks joseph will try that any luck on your cpu usage yet???as our still spiking
Dot spears
Dot spears Jan 18 '13
along with put virtual memory and lots of faults
Joseph
Joseph Jan 18 '13
yes mines way down to like 9%