We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cannot customize the Main Page [Solved] | Forum

Henry
Henry Jan 19 '13
I just want to ask if anyone have a problem on there OXWALL sites today. I cannot customize the Main Page.. & Newsfeeds will not update. When i try to post in newsfeed nothing happens.

The Forum post is edited by Alia Apr 15 '13
Henry
Henry Jan 19 '13
Mainpage Newsfeed will update only if Post will be made in Dashboard & other pages
Henry
Henry Jan 20 '13
I need help on this.. what plug-in or how can I edit my Main Page ....
Henry
Henry Jan 20 '13
what file will I edit  It all started yesterday when I added the FM station widget
Purusothaman Ramanujam
If it all works, if the custom widget is removed?
Unique
Unique Jan 20 '13
how to remove the custom widget if cant click the customized page
Henry
Henry Jan 20 '13
yes thats my problem i  can't remove the custom widget as i can't click the"customize this Page"
Andre Pan
Andre Pan Jan 20 '13
Have you tried clear your browser cache and delete your oxwall website cookie? I also jumped into some strange issue that drop-down menu stopped working, recovered after done above actions.
Henry
Henry Jan 22 '13
i tried it but still stuck on the same problem
The Forum post is edited by Henry Jan 22 '13
Tester
Tester Jan 22 '13
Henry, go to Admin and see any plug-in has an update ready.
Henry
Henry Jan 22 '13
its all updated
Alia Team
Alia Jan 22 '13
Henry, currently javascript based features like newsfeed or user console are not working on your site because another javascripst is blocking them.

Firebug gives out following error on your site's main page:

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

As far as I can see this error is related to FB "Like" feature.

Disable your custom javascript codes one by one to see which one was causing the issue.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 22 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Henry
Henry Jan 23 '13
It is only happening on my Main Page mam Aliia the problem I cannot click the Main Page "customize this page" to disable "the custom text/html"  what file should i edit to do that?
Mohammad
Mohammad Jan 23 '13
If you installed TinyMCE plugin,uninstall it

Henry
Henry Jan 23 '13
oh ic i installed it recently
Henry
Henry Jan 23 '13
i cannot uninstall TinyMCE I deactivated it but still i cannot edit my Main page
Henry
Henry Jan 23 '13
problem persist... the problem how can i edit my Main page...  & edit the custom Text/HTML on my main page when i cannot click "Customize this Page" on my Main Page I remember adding two custom HTML at the Main page. the "XAT chat & online streaming Radio Station so probably one of the two is the culprit.  no. 1 suspect is the XAT chat
Asen
Asen Jan 26 '13
I have the same problem when i  click "Customize this Page" on my Main Page I see this:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <title></title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"> </head> <body style="font:18px Tahoma;"> Error 500<br />Internal Server Error. </body> </html>

HELP ME

Desirae R
Desirae R Jan 27 '13
I have a similar problem. I can not do anything to my homepage. Once I am signed in as admin I can not even access it. I think this is due to some things set on it so that only guests see and not members.. however now I can not edit them as I can not see them.

How can I fix this?

Pages: 1 2 »