We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Google webmaster tools | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Stuart
Stuart Jan 20 '13
Anybody else getting notifications such as this?

Notice of Suspected Hacking on ******.org/

Dear owner or webmaster of ******.org/,

We are writing to let you know that some pages from *******.org/ will be labeled as potentially compromised in our search results. This is because some of your pages contain content which may harm the quality and relevance of our search results. It appears that these pages were created or modified by a third party, who may have hacked all or part of your site. Many times, they will upload files or modify existing ones, which then show up as spam in our index.

The Forum post is edited by Stuart Jan 20 '13
Unique
Unique Jan 20 '13
where you get this notification?
Email? or Directly in your site
Stuart
Stuart Jan 20 '13
Email, from google analytics. Its stopping the submission to Google. Well I have been removed because of it.

I think antispammer might be identifying the google crawler as a spam IP.

Unique
Unique Jan 20 '13
web site: www.vote4u.org.uk/ status: Verified Clean web trust:       Not Blacklisted  *This site was just scanned a few minutes ago.
Security report (No threats found): check    Blacklisted:   No checkMalware: No checkMalicious javascript:   No checkMalicious iFrames: No checkDrive-By Downloads:   No check    Anomaly detection:   No check    IE-only attacks:     No checkSuspicious redirections:     NocheckSpam:No

Stuart
Stuart Jan 20 '13
Its not vote4u.org.uk which isn't live really. I am waiting for paul as we might use it as another oxpot. Just so he get judge the results of mutliple sites.

Google is being a pain as its kicking up a fuss about not having a site map. Also antispammer is having an effect on the googlebot.

Unique
Unique Jan 20 '13
let me know your site or pm me
Unique
Unique Jan 20 '13
Your anti-spammers have apparently blocks all IP even including googlebot IP. I am not spam but your site block me as a spam. I cant acces your site
The Forum post is edited by Unique Jan 20 '13
Henry
Henry Jan 20 '13
maybe its in your anti-spammer plug-in but it just like a hint from me as i check your site it says that my ip has been listed as a spammer
Seems we've detected you as a spammer

Please contact the site administration to avoid this issue and help us to improve anti spam policy.

so maybe when google crawler ip check your site it is listed as spam by anti-spammer
Unique
Unique Jan 20 '13
Stuart, Details for yoursite.... ******.org

Site not known for distributing malware or acting as a redirector.

Site not being used in spam campaigns (forum/comment/seo).

Our scanners have not found any warnings on this site.

Stuart
Stuart Jan 20 '13
Google doesn't supply a whitelist of IP's and I am stuck. You can only use reverse dns and I have messaged paul about it.

I had a read on the google site and typical of google its all about metrics. Because I have a certain amount of java-script, anti-spammer throwing a few wobblers, no site-map which I am currently sorting and also loose links from a constant attack of spam users.

It adds up and what is a fairly normal site just hits a level and Goggle says No!

I have set up geodb to stop spam but most come from unknown as they are masking it.

Problem is that my local lan also hits this problem so I have unknown allowed.

Its just a community centre in the UK and very concentric to the UK. So english speaking and main european countries have been allowed. To be honest stoppping other countries has done nothing to the spam apart from stopping yourselves.

I am having a spam fit at the moment as the more you do to combat things the more problems you just seem to create.

Thanks for all the advise and I totally concur but I am unsure how to proceed. I need to contact paul and chat about antispammer.

Not sure what to do with all the java script as it part of the site functionality.

Sitemap is going to be added.

As to the spammers I wish they would go away and how they get past the capture so easily must be an indication of its ineffectiveness.

Oxwall take capture out of the core please! We can diversify through plugins.