We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error when editing | Forum

Dawn
Dawn Jan 20 '13
I'm trying to update my cookies page and i can paste most of the information from word into the edit area of my site however when putting in the instructions on how to disable cookies (no hyperlinks) it throws up an error

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /oxwall/admin/pages/edit-local/id/494 could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is the text i'm trying to add 

Checking your settings in Internet Explorer 8 and earlier versions

Locate the 'Tools' tab on the menu areas of your browser. Click on this.

There is an option called ‘Internet Options’ on the list, select this option.

This should open a pop up box with lots of tabbed options. Select the ‘Privacy’ tab from the list.

Internet Explorer has a high, medium, low auto-adjust system for internet content handling. You can configure your own settings by clicking the advanced tab and ticking the ‘Override automatic cookie handling’

Settings above Medium will disable cookies, Medium or below will enable cookies

Alia Team
Alia Jan 21 '13
Dawn, I have pasted your text on my own installation and all went well.

Please check your server's error log. Find errors related to /oxwall/admin/pages/edit-local/id/494  URL. Let me know what are those errors. Most likely there are some kind of restrictions on your server.
Dawn
Dawn Jan 23 '13
Aliia, I finally got it sorted. I still have no idea what was causing the issue but instead of copy/paste i typed it out and it saved perfectly. *shrugs*