We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

text/HTML widgets | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jason
Jason Jan 21 '13
What html can my users use in the widget and is there not a way to disable a single widget such as the text/html widget?
I don't want them posting any adverts or any malicious code.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
You can disable the customization of their profile and dashboard so that they wont add html widgets.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 22 '13
Jason, for security purposes you can  disable custom HTML in admin panel>>settings>>user settings>>"Content input" tab.

Also, when you are customizing site pages as admin, you can disable javascript.

+1 Purusothaman.
You can restrict users from customizing their dashboards in admin panel>>page&menus>>user dasboard/user profile>>uncheck "Allow users to customize this page" checkbox.
Unique
Unique Jan 22 '13
Sorry asking?
what is the functions of disable custom HTML in admin panel>>settings>>user settings>
-> can this functions disable user to use html in blogpost and forum?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Unique,

When this option is enabled, users can add some custom html widget to their profile or dashboard.

This is not related to using html in blog or forum.
Jason
Jason Jan 22 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam You can disable the customization of their profile and dashboard so that they wont add html widgets.

Thank you the the reply Purusothaman, I am however aware of this, i just wanted to give my users the options to customize the panel but disable html.

Quote from Aliia Jason, for security purposes you can  disable custom HTML in admin panel>>settings>>user settings>>"Content input" tab.

Also, when you are customizing site pages as admin, you can disable javascript.

+1 Purusothaman.
You can restrict users from customizing their dashboards in admin panel>>page&menus>>user dasboard/user profile>>uncheck "Allow users to customize this page" checkbox.
Thank you Aliia for your response.

Unique
Unique Jan 22 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam

This is not related to using html in blog or forum.
Thank u...go back again to topic...
Unique
Unique Jan 22 '13
sorry if i am wrong
this is the notice of admin/settings/user-input
Disable custom HTML->
Check if you don't want to allow users write HTML code in posts (like blogs and forums). Recommended for security reasons.

Jason
Jason Jan 22 '13
Yes thats correct, i think it disables it throughout the site.
Unique
Unique Jan 22 '13
admin/settings/user-input
Disable custom HTML-> only not to show the HTML button
but users still can using html code in blog/forum

Jason
Jason Jan 22 '13
Well i have not tested it yet, but if it is checked then html should not be parsed.