We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Why wont my site SEND email ?? | Forum

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Johan http://www.oxwall.org/user/aliiam and send a private message

Aliiam will check it out please change your password and then send the new details by PM to alliiam

Waill
Waill Dec 19 '13
i have the same problem, my site not sending verification emails 

please i need help

Alia Team
Alia Dec 19 '13
Waill,

1. Do you have SMTP enabled?
2. Try changing email title to something other then "Verification Email" in admin panel>>settings>>languages
Marina Bircher
Marina Bircher Apr 7 '15

I know: old post.

"same" problem here, it takes too long ( 5-10min) for sending mails out. Is there any settings to do?
ross Team
ross Apr 7 '15
Marina, 

To which e-mail are you referring? Verification? Site notifications? Mass mailing?

How often does your cron run on the website?

The verification e-mail, welcome e-mail, reset password e-mail they are send directly to your mail server, mass mailing and site notifications are sent via cron to your mail server, which means that as soon as they are sent to the mail server, the software not longer responds for the time or any delay in their delivery, it's up to the mail server configuration. 

Edward Zhou
Edward Zhou Apr 9 '17
I installed OxWall in a testing VPS, it worked quite well, however, after migrated to an official VPS, no emails could be sent out any more. Including new user verification emails, mass emails, invitation emails, none of them could be sent out. Every time try to register as a new user or invite someone, the OxWall shows that an email has been sent successfully but never been received. I asked quite a few friends to test the function but still can't solve the problem. My opinion for OxWall it is a great software, however, for the sending out email function is really difficult to find out the problem is, please advise any possible sulotion to enable me to figure out how to solve the problem, I really appreciate your time and great support! (my website is bestqp.com, a testing website is topbestoday.com, they are both hosted at VPS in Japan)
Edward Zhou
Edward Zhou Apr 9 '17
I tried to enable SMTP but no emails sent out either, actually it worked well without enabling the SMTP function on the testing VPS server for my first installation. The first installation had same problem but it was solved after enabling the sendmail service from the PHP environment, after the migration, the sendmail service is working properly but still no email could be sent out. My guess is the configuration of the host is not correct but the hosting company insists that all the configurations are the same to the testing space. I really can't find any solution, please help me if possible. Thanks a lot!

Lara Warne
Lara Warne Nov 2 '17
I am also having this issue, help would be much appreciated
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 28 '18
Some email hosts put the emails sent into the junk file when received. Then most problems are due concerning emails is to do with a incorrect address for the path to run.php to run your cron jobs.

I don't use oxwall any more but did used to spend a lot of time helping people like you when I did

Could you name the  host you are using please, to see if I can help. Because differing host have differing paths to the php file some where on here I did make a list of paths for addresses for differing hosts

You normally can ask your host for the path

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Mar 1 '18

I do not know exactly what the problem is, but many mistakes made by many people:

* SMT thinks you have an obligation.

* Buying wrong hosting package.

* Incorrect hosting information.

SMT is an additional mail server consul. It is here to communicate mail with a domain that is unable to meet the needs of the server or to avoid unnecessary load.

Find out if the cron job feature is open for host purchases. Some packages and services keep this process in their own control.

Entering the wrong information will not do SMT operation. This is the most commonly used information and port output error. We investigate the validity of the entered service information. In general, it is best to choose a one-way processor, which stops the unwanted too much spma.

For further assistance please send a PM message to report a more detailed problem.

Pages: « 1 2