We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How To Download and Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joey Williams
Joey Williams Jul 31 '23

If you are planning to set up versions of QuickBooks on a network, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is an indispensable tool. This feature creates a Network Data file (.ND) for the company file on the system that is hosting the file, and allows other users to view the file simultaneously. To know about the easy steps to download  and install QuickBooks Database Server Manager, follow the guidelines provided in this article till the end.

Given below are some of the most viable steps to be performed to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager successfully:

Step 1: Download QuickBooks Database Server Manager
  • To get started, the user needs to navigate to the website of Intuit, followed by QuickBooks Product Download Page. From here, the user can download the QuickBooks setup file, which can subsequently be used for downloading the Database Server Manager tool.

Step 2: Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager

The QuickBooks Database Server Manager should be installed on the computer which is hosting the network, and wherein the Company files have been saved. Follow these steps to install the same:

• First, close all apps on your server PC.
  • Then, look for the "Setup QuickBooks.exe" file and install it by following the on-screen directions.
  • When asked, choose 'Custom' or 'Network' as the 'install type.'
  • Click "Next" now, but don't choose "Express."
  • Then, choose the best way to set up your network and click "Next." No matter what you choose, the Database Server Manager will be installed. If QB Desktop is installed on your server computer, it will not replace any company files.
  • If you want to use both Database Server Manager and QuickBooks Desktop on the server machine, choose "I'll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer, AND I'll be storing. “Lastly, choose "I will NOT be using QuickBooks on this computer" if you want a Database Server Manager on your server PC, then follow the on-screen steps and click Install.

Read more...