We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ODOMETER STOPPER – MILEAGE BLOCKER | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ella Dallas
Ella Dallas Aug 8 '23
Has anyone here had any experience with using an odometer stopper or mileage blocker? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on their effectiveness, legality, and any potential benefits or drawbacks you might have encountered
Nlink
Nlink Aug 8 '23

While I can't provide personal experiences, I can certainly offer insights into the topic of odometer stoppers or mileage stoppers.

Using an odometer stopper or mileage blocker is a controversial practice that has raised discussions within the automotive community. These devices are designed to alter or stop the recording of a vehicle's mileage, which can have both positive and negative implications.

Some users claim that mileage blockers can be effective in preventing wear and tear on a vehicle's components by reducing the recorded mileage. However, it's important to note that modern vehicles often have various systems that track mileage beyond just the odometer. This means that while a mileage blocker might alter the odometer reading, other electronic systems might still capture the actual mileage.