We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Stuck at the verification email page. Can't go into admin anymore after creating a test user | Forum

Andre
Andre Jan 24 '13
I have created a test user but the thing is, now i'm stuck at the verification page. Where it asks to send the verification email.

As i did not receive anything yet i can't do a thing. I can't even go to mysite.com/admin as the other page loads instead
bobbi
bobbi Jan 24 '13
andre open your site in a different browser then you can log in to your site,
Alia Team
Alia Jan 24 '13
+1 bobbi.

Or you will need to clean cache memory of your current browser.

However the root of the issue is that verification email is not coming.
Can you check whether you have set your email in admin panel>>settings>>general "Tab" ?

Have you tried setting up SMTP?

Andre
Andre Jan 25 '13
Ok sorted guys.

I didn't setup the SMTP feature (dumb a$$ lol)
Thanks for pointing this out !
Andre
Andre Jan 26 '13
Damn i don't know why i can't set SMTP ?
wHAT am i doing wrong ?

Here's what i see under Cpanel:

Secure SSL/TLS Settings
(Recommended)
Username:     webmaster@mysite.com
Password:     Use the email account’s password.
Incoming Server:     myaccount.myhost.com

IMAP: Port 111
    POP3: Port 112

Outgoing Server:     mail.myhost.com

SMTP: Port 222
***********************************************************************************
Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.
Non-SSL Settings
(NOT Recommended)
Username:     webmaster@mysite.com
Password:     Use the email account’s password.
Incoming Server:     mail.mysite.com

IMAP: Port 113
    POP3: Port 114

Outgoing Server:     mail.mysite.com

SMTP: Port 25

Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.

So what should i enter under the SMTP settings, in my oxwall admin section  ?

Thanks a lot !

The Forum post is edited by Andre Jan 26 '13
Jennifer
Jennifer Feb 16 '13
Don't want to hijack your thread, but I am having a similar issue.  In my case, the verification emails go through, but it takes an hour or more for them to go out.  

Today is the first time I've heard of cron, and I'm just making a community site, so I need the "for dummies" version.  I did search a lot, and put /1 under minutes when I installed.  I can find the cron folder on my cpanel, but I have no idea what to do with it.  

Jennifer
Jennifer Feb 16 '13
I did set a cron job.  The emails are showing that it is working.  Any idea why it would take so long for the emails to go out?
Jennifer
Jennifer Feb 16 '13
Hmmm.  It appears to be working now.  The time for emails is down to about 10 minutes instead of an hour +
Alia Team
Alia Feb 18 '13
Andre,

Alia Team
Alia Feb 18 '13
Jennifer,  verification emails are not connected to CRON.

The delay is due to the settings of your mail server. Probably your mail server has some kind of limit of emails allowed to be sent per hour.
Erlan
Erlan Feb 2 '15

I kind of have the same issue, I tried to change the username@whatever.prod.phx3.secureserver.net email that the admin had to an email I made and now im not receiving any email for confirmation and I cant access the admin unless I verify an email, I tried making a gmail business email with support@mysitename.com and link it to my godaddy control panel, for some reason I can also create the same email in the goddaddy email center, but im not receiving a confirmation email to neither of them, and I don't know where I can check the original email that the account had, that weird secureserver.net email. can someone help me pls ?

ross Team
ross Feb 2 '15
try to create another e-mail address on gmail and insert it instead the one you have indicated. The verification e-mails are sent directly without using cron, which means something is wrong with the mail server. Contact your hosting provider to resolve the issue. 
Erlan
Erlan Feb 3 '15
thanks for the reply, I was able to gain access by registering a diff address, my question is, you know how when users get emails they come from a weird long address, I wanted to change that to a support@name.com address so it looks cleaner, I don't understand how I was able to make a gmail address with that support@name.com and do the same thing in my godaddy account, and yet not receive anything in them when I write to them.
Erlan
Erlan Feb 3 '15
alright, I was able to send a test email from my regular email address and instead of receiving it to my gmail I received it in the godaddy workspace email it seems that is working, please note that both emails are exactly the same which im not sure how that is even possible, in gmail I was able to create a work email called support@name.com and in go daddy I have exactly the same thing. yet, when I try to change my email address in my admin to that support@name.com I don't get anything and I do get it  when I send it to my regular email. not sure whats wrong
ross Team
ross Feb 4 '15
I'm sorry I don't understand what long address you're referring to. The site e-mail can be indicated here: www.site.com/admin/settings. ;

I don't understand what do you mean by godaddy e-mail and that you were able to create similar e-mail. 

Please elaborate your issue in more details, so we could assist you.