We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Which operating system is the best for programming? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Alex
Alex Aug 21 '23
Which operating system is the best for programming GNU/Linux is a very popular operating system for software engineers. GNU/Linux is, hands down, the most highly acclaimed operating system for software engineering
Pari Palmer
Pari Palmer Aug 21 '23
Hi
You asked a question and answered it yourself.
Do you need any more help?
Best Regards
MaisieRowe
MaisieRowe Aug 21 '23
Stumbling upon this thread from three years ago, I thought I'd add a perspective. While GNU/Linux is indeed highly acclaimed among developers for its flexibility and control, the choice of the 'best' OS can often be personal and project-specific.
Over the past three years, there have been considerable changes in many operating systems. Windows, for instance, has made strides in accommodating developers, particularly with the integration of the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). If you're considering exploring this path, you can get a windows 10 key cheap on Reddit, a resource I found quite handy.
MacOS has also been a popular choice for many developers, especially those working on design-intensive applications.
The Forum post is edited by MaisieRowe Aug 21 '23