We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron Jobs Stopped working | Forum

Donamix
Donamix Jan 28 '13
Quote from MarkieMark67
Quote from Donamix My Hosting is from Godaddy,

I'll get more details soon,

and try this commands..

Make sure you make the correct changes for your server. home8 is my server/server_Nmae is my server account name and so on.

Ok, I asked my hosting they said the server is Linux

I tried you're command doesn't seem to be working?

Please check it and see if it's correct?

/ramdisk/bin/php5 -c /linux/mirage/www.social.donamix.com/ow_cron/run.php /linux/mirage/public_html/www.social.donamix.com/ow_cron/run.php

I added both commands is one line as you have said.

The Forum post is edited by Donamix Jan 28 '13
Brien
Brien Jan 28 '13
unfortunately I have no idea about your I was just trying to help Richard because we have the same hosting providers and we both needed to get it running and I promised Id write when I got mine working ....

but for what its worth my cron is working properly now with the command I posted
OW Developer
OW Developer Jan 28 '13
pm me i will fix it for you.
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Jan 28 '13
Glad you got yours working brien...I tried this and still no luck :(  According to justhost the e-mail i receive is showing 2 errors; 500 internal server error & 550 No Such user here.

This is what justhost said:

The "500 server error" message is usually due to bad file permissions, bad themes/plugins, or a bad .htaccess file.

I also see in the email sent to you this error: "550 No Such User Here". This implies you are trying to send to or from an email address that doesn't exist. Where is the email configuration located and what do you have for its settings?

Where is the email configuration located and what do you have for its settings? Where can i find these details? Do they mean the e-mail address i set up to receive the cron e-mails? what info are they looking for here?

Could it also have something to do with i am using 1.5.0 and not 1.5.1

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Jan 28 '13
Donamix Try something like this for GoDaddy. But make changes as needed.

/usr/bin/wget -O - -q "yoursite.com/ow_crun/run.php" > /dev/null 2>&1

cit27
cit27 Jan 28 '13

Quote from OW Developer pm me i will fix it for you.

Donamix and Richard Carr
If u give up, let OW Developer to help/solve your problem
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 1 '13
Ok folks thanks for all the help i have got it working for the moment by configuring the SMTP settings via admin panel...

and the cron command as follows:

/usr/local/bin/php /home4/USERNAME/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Alia Team
Alia Feb 4 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Donamix
Donamix Feb 20 '13
Again, i am facing the same issue.

Can someone give me a good solution that last forever?

I am tired of this.

Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13

Quote from Donamix
It was working fine without any issues, i didn't do or change anything!

Now it's stuck for all members on my site showing them as online!

wget http://www.social.donamix.com/ow_cron/run.php

and

http://www.social.donamix.com/ow_cron/run.php

These are my Cron Job Commands!

Both are set to every 1 minute

make sure your cron jobs never go off closer than 5 minutes apart. Otherwise the system will silently wipe them.
Donamix
Donamix Feb 20 '13
Quote from Pete 
 make sure your cron jobs never go off closer than 5 minutes apart. Otherwise the system will silently wipe them.
if my members don't click log out they still show online even if they close the page! always showing online for offline members!

Every time it is fixed it goes back..

Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13
just edit your Cron and run it every 5 mins ,and not every min and it should then run ok .Maybe reset up a new cron job for your oxwall
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 20 '13
Donamix
Donamix Feb 20 '13
Quote from Pete just edit your Cron and run it every 5 mins ,and not every min and it should then run ok .Maybe reset up a new cron job for your oxwall

I edited it to run every 5 mins.. nothing changed! 

I also tried to reset it this morning, even deleted the commands an added them again..

It was working very fine i don't know what happened..

Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13

This is strange ,you might like to double check  that the string to were the cron  is run is not missing anything out of the string,and you have left the spaces.If it still does not work deactivate all your plugins ,and try it again,i think to be honest its one of your plugins causing you these problems,and you may need to change the cron setting in one of your plugins

/usr/bin/php5   /home/sites/yourdomain/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 20 '13
Donamix
Donamix Feb 21 '13
Quote from Pete

i think to be honest its one of your plugins causing you these problems,and you may need to change the cron setting in one of your plugins

/usr/bin/php5   /home/sites/yourdomain/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Sorry to say, but it's nothing about my plugins..

I don't know where it's coming from..

I gave my Cpanel Login to OW Developer

He fixed it then the same issue happened again

But now i don't get anymore respond from OW Developer

The Forum post is edited by Donamix Feb 21 '13
Pages: « 1 2