We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

My Admin user name is shown as Non identical name | Forum

Asshu
Asshu Aug 20 '10
I have just created the site and there are just two user accounts created .One is my admin account and the other too created by my self with other email Id.

My admin account's user name is showing up as "base+questions_question_**_value_ 2010" .I wonder why it is happened .I have never edited the name .Is it named like that by default?
I can't able to find an option to rename it .It is shown with that name to anonymous users and other normal users .

How can I edit this name and could you tell me why is it happened?
Update: I have updated my user name .But I w'd like to know why the admin name is shown like a spamy name .

Thanks !
The Forum post is edited by Asshu Aug 20 '10
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 20 '10
First, you need to log in as admin and fill out your profile.
Most likely the admin is the username but it has no real name.

Just log into the admin account and edit the profile details filling out all the relevant boxes that are blank.

Try that.
Asshu
Asshu Aug 20 '10
I have filled them out and it is already working well . But I w'd like to know how the user name by default was set to "base+questions_question_sex_value_ 2010" .With out my knowledge :)
Asshu
Asshu Aug 22 '10
Hello all ! are any one having the same issue? Why the software comes with such spamy user name "base+questions_question_sex_value_ 2010" ?
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 23 '10
When installing oxwall, it creates a user during the install, it doesn't ask for real names and birthdays etc or any other questions set AFTER install. Only users that go through the normal account creation process, ie, answering the questions and filling out the form properly do they have all details shown.
The admin on install didnt get to do this so the fields show up like as you described above.
The site was showing you an error...

Just a minor glitch I suppose. To be honest, I think there should really be an admin backend and the admin account doesn't interact or have bearing over the main site. Something maybe development may take on board?
Den Team
Den Aug 23 '10
@Asshu
Login with this username, on the "Edit profile" page set value for "Sex/I am" field.
Also, would you check that your "Show profile name as:" setting here http://youroxwallsite/admin/settings/user is set as "Realname" or "Username".

@Michael
Good suggestion but not for now :) When we will get more time in our hands, we will do it.
Asshu
Asshu Aug 27 '10
@Michael
Thanks !
isabellaemma
isabellaemma Sep 1 '23
In website design and development, the admin username appearing as "base+questions_question_**_value_2010" is likely a system-generated placeholder or glitch during the account creation process. To fix it, check your platform's settings or contact support for guidance on renaming the admin account. The unusual name can happen due to technical issues during setup.
The Forum post is edited by isabellaemma Sep 1 '23
pooledorothyw
pooledorothyw Sep 1 '23

If your admin username is displaying as "Non-Identical Name," it's likely a generic or placeholder name. To correct it, log into your admin account and update your username to a unique and identifiable name through the account settings or profile settings in the relevant application or platform. This will help ensure proper identification and personalization within the system. I also facing this issue on my website but now fixed metallic epoxy flooring phoenix