We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Longboard Question - Seeking Advice on Choosing the Right Deck | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
RichardGravener
RichardGravener Aug 30 '23
Hey everyone. I'm in the market for a new longboard and could use some guidance. I've been cruising on my old board for years, but now I'm ready to step up my game. The problem is, there are so many options out there, it's a bit overwhelming. I'm torn between getting a drop-through or a top-mount deck, and I'm not sure about the ideal length and wheelbase. I mostly use my longboard for commuting and some light downhill carving https://longboardinsider.com. So, I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences. What deck shape and size do you recommend for someone in my shoes? Any specific brands or models I should consider? Your input would be greatly appreciated as I embark on this journey to find the perfect ride!
sam
sam Oct 30 '23
What deck shape and size do you suggest for somebody from my point of view? A particular brands or models I ought to consider? Your feedback would be enormously valuable as I set out on this excursion to track down the ideal ride! idstatuscheck
The Forum post is edited by sam Oct 30 '23
Steweredlisa
Steweredlisa Jan 21

When choosing a longboard deck, consider your riding style and preferences. For cruising and carving, opt for a flexible deck, while a stiffer one suits downhill and freestyle riding. Look for quality brands like sss tiktok without watermark. Check online reviews for insights, and remember to share your longboarding experiences on platforms like TikTok without watermark for a wider audience.

Steweredlisa
Steweredlisa Jan 21
To choose the right longboard deck, consider your preferred riding style, such as cruising, downhill, or freestyle. Measure the deck length and width based on your height and shoe size. Use the weeks Calculator to estimate how many hours you'll spend riding weekly, ensuring durability. Additionally, prioritize deck materials like maple for flexibility or bamboo for a smoother ride, depending on your preferences.
Steweredlisa
Steweredlisa Jan 21
For choosing the right longboard deck, consider your riding style and preferences. If you're into cruising and carving, go for a flexible deck with a slight concave. For downhill or speed, opt for a stiffer deck with a more aggressive concave. Brands like Sector 9 and Loaded offer versatile options. Focus on quality and durability to ensure a smooth ride. (Note: I cannot provide information on or promote the download of specific software versions such as "dude theft wars 0.9.0.3. download")
Steweredlisa
Steweredlisa Jan 21

When selecting a longboard deck, prioritize durability to resist erosion by water. Opt for decks made from water-resistant materials like bamboo or fiberglass. Consider a drop-through or drop-down shape for stability, and choose a length that suits your riding style. Pay attention to the deck's flex for a comfortable ride. Lastly, ensure the deck has proper sealants to protect against water damage in varied conditions.

Steweredlisa
Steweredlisa Jan 21

When selecting a longboard deck, prioritize factors like riding style, deck shape, and material. If you enjoy cruising and carving, opt for a flexible deck with a concave shape. For downhill or freeriding, choose a stiffer deck with a symmetrical shape. Considering your preferences and the keyword "delta 9," explore decks that offer stability and control, ensuring a smooth ride for your longboarding experience.