We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugins not free | Forum

Abbey
Abbey Aug 20 '13
I've found a lot of valuable plug ins that are free, and I feel developers have the right to charge for something if they want to, it's their time and expertise that's gone into a plugin, if we want it and we can't make it ourselves we must pay for it.

I'm gonna be cheeky now and throw this out there, if someone wanted to make a plugin where user credits could be used to purchase subscriptions/user roles (instead of paypal or the like)  I would definatly pay for this plugin.
Samuel
Samuel Aug 20 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam I have some free plugins too. The point is that we can not create plugins and leave it without providing any technical support ON TIME. The cost is for the time we put on this and the time we do technical support.

I understand.
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Aug 20 '13
well i think it is fine 

a developer who spends his time/energy to develop something and to provide support  , he really worth something in return .

if we compare oxwall with rest ,it will stand at top in 

1. free and most cheap plugins (60~70% free plugins )

2. no spams about pay this get this/ pay $$$ and remove advertisement 

3. no free/premium accounts . every1 is equal here

and about support .. its great

i think everything is listed in forums, just need to search ,if not listed we need to just pm  and support team always reply you ,developers are like always ready to help even the thing don't belong to them .

idk how you said this , my friend 

Quote from SamuelWhereas WordPress developers create most essential plugins and give it out free

even they charge you 30$ just to remove ads , their plugin cost like 50-130$ 

till date there is nothing like oxwall , i am 101% satisfied 

Sean
Sean Aug 22 '14

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Saif, in the same line, 1 out of 5 users should consider atleast saying a thank you for the free plugins. But that does not happen.
I can admit i have not given very much thanks, but in the back of my head i always cant wait to get new plugins and add them to my community.
Den Team
Den Aug 25 '14
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Joey
Joey Sep 6 '14
I agree with TS

Look for Smiley-Plugin. Pay 15 for smileys.

This should be default in every oxwall install.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Basically, support for the plugins provided by developers cost time... and time is not free for any one. Will someone be okay to give free plugins and provide no support? It will be said the plugins are useless if so.

So better sell the plugin and provide support for it.

Wordpress API are very much matured and there are lot of developers who understand it. But not the same with oxwall.
Pages: « 1 2